Rear Arches!

walker126

Got a quote fro etting my rear arches & front bumper resprayed

£320

just thought id share that with ya as it seems a gd price to me!
what u guys/gals think?

crossedmike

Got a quote fro etting my rear arches & front bumper resprayed

£320

just thought id share that with ya as it seems a gd price to me!
what u guys/gals think?

is that same colour ?????

i can get my whole car sprayed the same colour for 500 my mate had his saxo bonnet bumper side skirts and trims for 340

walker126

is that same colour ?????

i can get my whole car sprayed the same colour for 500 my mate had his saxo bonnet bumper side skirts and trims for 340

ye its the same color, thts the best price ive had, one guy told me 300 just for the arches!

crossedmike

ye its the same color, thts the best price ive had, one guy told me 300 just for the arches!

hmm maybe the colour i suppose it looks unique the colour but i would keep shopping try a mobile sprayer sometimes they a little cheaper

walker126

hmm maybe the colour i suppose it looks unique the colour but i would keep shopping try a mobile sprayer sometimes they a little cheaper

i thought about mobilw guys, the guy tht told me 300 does it at his house and the guys tht told me 320 are an actual spraypainting & panel beating workshop with booths and **** also have a quite good rep!

crossedmike

It depends on how there repairing the arches..is that literally to rub down and filler over the top? or is it to cut out the arch and weld in a new bit??

i didnt think of this :doh: but all depends on the level of work and man hours needed hmmm mine is almost perfect few chips and scratches that why mine probs cheaper

walker126

It depends on how there repairing the arches..is that literally to rub down and filler over the top? or is it to cut out the arch and weld in a new bit??

its prob rub down and filler, coz theyr not that bad that they need cut n weld!

walker126

its yours a metalic colour or glittery if that makes sense lol

well ive always called it metallicky burnt orange but now tht u mention it i s'pose it cud be a wee bit glittery! never really considered it!

crossedmike

well ive always called it metallicky burnt orange but now tht u mention it i s'pose it cud be a wee bit glittery! never really considered it!

maybe this is where the cost is coming from mine is a standard blue with laquer if yours is not as standard or a special paint this could account for a higher proportion of the cost

walker126

maybe this is where the cost is coming from mine is a standard blue with laquer if yours is not as standard or a special paint this could account for a higher proportion of the cost

my car is natural copper if tht helps. also as far as spraying goes around where i live its usually expensive so after getting tht price i was delighted!

vngtx

i got quoted 160 for both rear arches at my nearest body shop. 80 quid a panel eg rear quarter, bumper.

vikki

Apr 9, 2009
Beverley, Nr Hull
i got quoted £220 to have a small section of my rear arch welded and resprayed along with having my rear bumper resprayed and my paint is metallic.

2pac58

ive got mine booked in for the 15th march £180 for both arches with welding good price?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.