Rear disc rust on LCR

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Hi
Had some new discs and pads fitted to the rear of my LCR about 3k miles ago, there is now a circle of rust nearest the hub as if the pad isn't big enough for the disc, as they were fitted by a fast fit place I have just been to SEAT with my vin and brough some pads, i have married them up to the disc and they are exactly the same, there is about a 8 - 10 mm gap at the bottom, the part number they gave me with my vin is:

1JO-698-451-k

If this is the wrong Part number then the correct one would be appreciated, any other suggestions welcomed, pic below.

Thanks

IMG00552-20100208-1209.jpg

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
Yeah, i've got a few mm, but that looks like a good cm or so.

Either way, it's not the end of the world. 8mm of disc won't make a big difference to your stopping power :p

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty normal. You could take the discs off, mask off the swept area and spray the centre of the disc black or something if the rusty look isn't for you :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
My new mintex discs look like that after only 500 miles so I've just bought some zink plated ones to match the fronts.......not a big deal really but I think they look a bit crappy when rusty.

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
My new mintex discs look like that after only 500 miles so I've just bought some zink plated ones to match the fronts.......not a big deal really but I think they look a bit crappy when rusty.

How well has the zinc plating stood up to corrosion? I'm thinking of getting my rear discs done when I change them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members