rear end

clubby

hi i was going round a round about in the wet tonite around the 30 mph mark and the back end just went sideways on me.The tyres are new and scared the crap out of me,has anyone had the same problem the bushes are ok to.Is there an antiroll bar in the back or anything,oh its a 2000 ibiza cupra with normal suspenion and not lowered

clubby

A week old and no air is fine in them,i changed them as i thought it was a bit skidy at the back the week before,ive only just had it 2 weeks

allyboy

Jun 28, 2009
cant say i've had that problem the back axle bushies usually wear out could maybe get them checked?? what tyres have you got on??

allyboy

Jun 28, 2009
cheap tyres dont expel water through the sips(gaps in the tyres) as well as premium tyres meaning you get a build up of water in the tread which causes less grip there is a possibilty thats the problem

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
sounds like good fun to me i would be happy if my back end kicked out. the worst is a lowered stiff car with cheap tired ie my old 1.4 ibiza. hell in the wet have you got uprated shocked and springs?

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
yer i guess i dont like the feeling of loosing the front end. controllable yes. also after stripping the back seats out really has improved the oversteer much better in my opinion feels like a much more balanced car. people might think different.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
but back on the subject of loosing it going round a roundabout at 30. maybe oil on the road. does it always kick out in the wet or just this one time? clubby

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Had way more oversteer before I got my rear spacers, it's a much more understeer biased car now :(

Really have to lift off a lot to get the back end out now.

But back to the first post.... Make sure youre rear tyres are not under-inflated, if you're rears are much
lower than the fronts you will get oversteer and the opposite for understeer. Could get some spacers too
if you want to get rid of it.

Emlyn

clubby

Thankyou...yes it feels as if there is something loose,do they have antiroll bars?

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Rear axle bushes need checking then first. It's a solid rear beam and from standard there is no
ARB as such but the beam kind of acts as one.

Emlyn

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
did you catch any white paint on the road? that stuff is deadly in the wet when i had my 1.4 it sent me sideways

clubby

ok i think i have found possible cause,i can get three fingers between back wheel and start of arch on drivers side and whole had on other side:blink:,must be shock or spring gone:confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members