Rear hub bolt thread

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
HHEELLPP!!!
Just went to change wheel on the car and 2 of the 4 wheel bolt holes have completely lost their thread. Basically only 2 bolts securely holding the rear wheel on.
The thread has gone completely as bolts simply slide in and out with no resistance.
Now, is it a big job to sort this, or can I simply rethread the hole? Surely the hole would then be slightly too big for a standard bolt?!
I have some hub bolt adapters but as thread has gone these dont work!
Appreciate any knowledge on this one.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
it depends if the threads are gone off the bolt or the hole? If there gone from the hole your gonna need new rear discs.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I was pretty sure that rear discs on the ibiza had the threads built in. The disc basically is the hub and thats why you press bearings into the new discs when you fit them.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I was pretty sure that rear discs on the ibiza had the threads built in. The disc basically is the hub and thats why you press bearings into the new discs when you fit them.

you might be right mike, i was just going by the fronts (not really looked at the rears lol

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
I thought it would be more of a case than just the discs - but may be wrong. I know nothing about that part of the car, yet!
If it is the hub, is it best to replace the rear as a pair with the discs and pads also replaced? Or is it possibly a case of getting any old one to replace my shoddy one?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
me neither rich, if it is just a hub, i would just get a second hand hub (if the disc is still ok)
if like mike said the disc acts as a hub, then i would suggest getting a pair, as you don't want uneven wear on 2-sides (it equals the likely hood of spinning under heavy breaking)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
just checked on vagcat, to me mike is correct, the rear disc is a the "hub"
so i would get 2 rears mate :)

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
Cheers guys. Thanks for the help. Changing the rear discs as a pair is now on the agenda! Glad its not too big a job.
I always thought the disc and hub were always seperate no matter the car, just shows what I know!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.