rear speaker upgrade

mark.w

Need some help with fitting new speakers in the rear of my ibiza mk4 3dr. How do u get to the speaker and what would be a good upgrade? cheers

Deleted member 13581

You need to take the rear panel off. Couple of screws and a few clips.

A good upgrade is as good as your budget. What kind of figure are you looking to spend?

Aimez

I was always told not much point in upgrading them unless you sit in the back, better of amping them and the front ones for better sound. That's what I did, plus they are a stupid size and I am not capable of making my own adapters.

mark.w

i'm only thinking of upgrading due to 1 being popped, sounds awful when i turn the volume up. If i changed the front ones are they just connected by spade connecters and would i need to get adapters to secure them?

happylad

old boy racer
Oct 22, 2008
benfleet essex
just fitted FLI's in the rear. easy to fit sounded good THEN i put hback all the trim. Sound is now really naff. Gonn are do and put some insulation behind them Or put 19x9 on the rear shelf.
Changed the front door speakers... that was no fun at all until some one said the make my own mdf spacers. Much better but as said drowning out the rears. Have fun but mind the clips

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members