rear wiper arm

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
guys,

just bought a rear wiper blade off fleabay and the wiper arm on my car is the opposite way to normal arms, i.e the hook is on the other side and not the windscreen side - see pics

my wiper sits like this
before.jpg

but not like this
skodawiperarm.jpg

is my wiper wrong?

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands
No mate, that doesn't look right. I've just dug out my old one and the hook should face away from the glass.

What type have you gone for? Weren't you interested in the Fabia one, or was it too manly for you ;)

If it helps, your welcome to have my old one, should your original be broken (but would need a new blade) :)

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
yep, my wipe hook faces away from the glass but the replacement aero wiper blade sent doesnt fit it and the blade seems to be modified badly so i assumed that the previous owner tried something and bodged it. i'll get in touch with the seller and see if i can get the correct part. thanks for the offer of the arm though.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
yep, my wipe hook faces away from the glass but the replacement aero wiper blade sent doesnt fit it and the blade seems to be modified badly so i assumed that the previous owner tried something and bodged it. i'll get in touch with the seller and see if i can get the correct part. thanks for the offer of the arm though.

theres a full fabia arm on ebay a £10 or go a breakers

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds