Rear Wiper Jet - fixed thank you guys YES i have searched but need advice!

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
I have searched the threads and have not found my particular issue, so would appreciate some advice.

My rear wiper jet does not work, however the pipe to the connection on the wiper side is fine, with good pressure, so I think its within the jet housing to actual jet.

I read in other posts that there is a brass piping inside? Do you think this is the issue, and if so I would like to know;

1. where can i get a replacement brass pipe or jet parts, is the only option scrapper?
2. how do you go about taking the jet bit apart?

Many thanks guys (and girls?, and inbetweens?)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
I have searched the threads and have not found my particular issue, so would appreciate some advice.

My rear wiper jet does not work, however the pipe to the connection on the wiper side is fine, with good pressure, so I think its within the jet housing to actual jet.

I read in other posts that there is a brass piping inside? Do you think this is the issue, and if so I would like to know;

1. where can i get a replacement brass pipe or jet parts, is the only option scrapper?
2. how do you go about taking the jet bit apart?

Many thanks guys (and girls?, and inbetweens?)

have you checked the connection in the corner of the boot. In fact if you get someone to press the rear washer and then see if you can see water leaking in from anywhere. the reason i say look in the boot corner (passenger side just above the light cluster) is that on my previous 2 cars the hose had become disconnected there so thats what id check first.

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Hi mate

the tube is fine all the way to connection with the wiper housing, ive taken that pipe off and operated the jet and it shoots out of the pipe. so its some kind of blockage in the wiper/jet housing.

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
I dont have an airline lol

Perhaps strong curry, contortion, hose pipe, and a lot of enthusiasm!

I might try aiming a garage cleaning jet at it, that did it for a front jet that had issues similar.

Or I might train a small monkey to cling to the roof with a small water bottle!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
pull the wiper blade nut cover off

pull the head of the jet out

inside pull the tube out from the middle of the motor

test/fix/blow out anything that doesn't flow properly

Last edited:

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Looked to be a blockage.

the first time i looked at it a few weeks ago, all the pipes were attached.

this time the pipe had detached itself, might have to get some proper screw clips on that.

pulled the jet out with pliers, blew through it, then pulled the plastic pipe out, now all seems well.

thanks guys, only three things left to do now!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.