Rear Wiper Removal

philjc99

Jul 20, 2009
Sleaford, Lincolnshire
just cabled tied it for the moment. i've got a leak in the pipe work else wear, it leaks over the rear light electrics, so i kmow not to use it! prop going to trace it back to the engine, then block it off there.

JoeR225

go to halfords and you can get a plug for £1.59 looks fine dose the job, think its a 15mm one but at the halfords i go to they sell one large plug on its own and its the only single plug they sell might be the same down your way, job took me 10-15 mins very easy to do just make sure you discconect and seal up the water pipe :D

philjc99

Jul 20, 2009
Sleaford, Lincolnshire
already plugged the hole, think what i said was a bit confusing. i meant something to plug the hole in the water pipe. how did you seal yours mate? i've got a plug from halfords and got my eye on a custom aluminium plug for £13!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
If you plug the hole, and accidentally flick the stalk to trigger the water pump, you'll end up with the pipe splitting at another join, and then you'll end up with a puddle elsewhere.

Rather than block the end of the hose, I'd detach it from the source. That's if you want a proper job ;)