Rebooting mediasysteem solved Finaly

GenericSeat

Oct 29, 2021
UK
How/where do I find what software I’m on?!
Mine is being annoying but wouldn’t know where to find what version I’m on or what do you say to seat? Just you’re having issues with the infotainment, is there an update?
thanks
Go to Settings > System Information and it’s listed there. I can’t remember what the label is but you’ll be looking for a 4 digit number, and it will either start with a 16,17 or 18 (19xx is the latest version).

I told my dealer my infotainment was restarting (which it was) and that there’s a software update to fix it, then boom they updated it.

Reactions: Kate1304
Jul 1, 2023
Go to Settings > System Information and it’s listed there. I can’t remember what the label is but you’ll be looking for a 4 digit number, and it will either start with a 16,17 or 18 (19xx is the latest version).

I told my dealer my infotainment was restarting (which it was) and that there’s a software update to fix it, then boom they updated it.
Thanks so much it’s on 1896 so I need to ask for 1940 😀 appreciate the help!!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Keep in mind when you do update yourself the 5F unit will store an error code that needs to be deleted if your car is under warranty. Presumably, a dealer can decline the warranty claim for the unit if code found?
uload.jpg

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Do you need paid subscription with obdeleven or this can be done with free tier?
You'll need the Pro licence for it. There are paid "apps" you can purchase (literally just a macro script that'll run for x amount of credits which you buy), but stuff like this is Pro only.

D71

Aug 28, 2022
Hi, my 2021 Leon Mk4 has just been updated from 1898 to 1940 by the dealer to solve software problems eg CarPlay randomly disconnecting stopping Apple Maps, Spotify; also the screen rebooting. I was hopeful this would be a fix at last but the next day on a 2 hour journey I’d to reboot the screen to revive Spotify and later another reboot was required when my iPhone was disconnected completely from the car despite being plugged in with an original Apple cable for FullLink.
Given this it appears 1940 isn’t a permanent fix for the common software problems suffered by SEAT and other VAG cars. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? It’s annoying to have such an unreliable car and I’m concerned about repair costs after the warranty runs out in a few months’ time when software updates will no longer be provided free by the dealer.
Thanks

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi, my 2021 Leon Mk4 has just been updated from 1898 to 1940 by the dealer to solve software problems eg CarPlay randomly disconnecting stopping Apple Maps, Spotify; also the screen rebooting. I was hopeful this would be a fix at last but the next day on a 2 hour journey I’d to reboot the screen to revive Spotify and later another reboot was required when my iPhone was disconnected completely from the car despite being plugged in with an original Apple cable for FullLink.
Given this it appears 1940 isn’t a permanent fix for the common software problems suffered by SEAT and other VAG cars. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? It’s annoying to have such an unreliable car and I’m concerned about repair costs after the warranty runs out in a few months’ time when software updates will no longer be provided free by the dealer.
Thanks

Well, I'm sure car play or AA will always have bugs in it due to large number of combinations of iOS and Android versions and hardware etc. I personally never experienced hangs with Spotify on any version of infotainment software and Google maps working fine as well (never used Apple maps though). I also never used cables and wireless connection worked just fine. Maybe VAG does its testing with latest hardware(like iPhone 14) and not previous generations...

The reboot issue 1940 solves has nothing to do with the car play issues though - it was generic reboot while you driving and not even connected to a phone.

If you are concerned about future software updates then there will always be third party garages selling them for a small fee( or even available for free to download sometimes if you search internet). So you will be able to update it yourself...

Reactions: D71

D71

Aug 28, 2022
Well, I'm sure car play or AA will always have bugs in it due to large number of combinations of iOS and Android versions and hardware etc. I personally never experienced hangs with Spotify on any version of infotainment software and Google maps working fine as well (never used Apple maps though). I also never used cables and wireless connection worked just fine. Maybe VAG does its testing with latest hardware(like iPhone 14) and not previous generations...

The reboot issue 1940 solves has nothing to do with the car play issues though - it was generic reboot while you driving and not even connected to a phone.

If you are concerned about future software updates then there will always be third party garages selling them for a small fee( or even available for free to download sometimes if you search internet). So you will be able to update it yourself...
Ok, thanks. Useful to know 1940 not CarPlay-related. Cheers

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Nothing just clear the error code as mentioned earlier
I finally got myself an OBDeleven unit and cleared the faults on 5F, but after restarting the car, even though no actual faults are reported, the unit is still in amber colour. Is it just the obdeleven thing or its still reported as faulty?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.