Recaro Seats

dovejon

Hi all,

Just purchased an 05 plate LCR yesterday. It has the uprated Recaro seats and I know these were a £1,200 option when new. They are a little better than the standards but not £1200 worth! I certainly would not have paid for them when new.

Does anybody have any idea how many LCR's were sold with this option? Guess there can't be many around?

Cheers.

kegger

Aug 4, 2008
Bedfordshire
No idea but with the 210bhp version there was the option for rear recaro's as well... i believe that weighed in at £1700 but i might be wrong... Pricey!!! Glad I didn't pay for them!!!:D

xxNickyxx

Mar 22, 2008
Nairn, near Inverness
I have the recaro front seats in mine too. Its a shame that they stopped putting the rears in too, as that would've finished it off a bit. And your right, definately not worth the £1,200 price tag!

af1

Feb 17, 2008
i only have one recaro seat in my car!
55142113766_Profi+Plus+MGP_WM.jpg

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I have the recaro rears and one front recaro, typical its the passanger side as i was told it was drivers! Mind you its sat in my bedroom since ive got it!

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
You're just paying for the name badge really. I agree, they are just like normal seats to me. If they were heated leather, then that would be a different story!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
You're just paying for the name badge really. I agree, they are just like normal seats to me. If they were heated leather, then that would be a different story!

I had the heated leather Recaro's in a Mk4 Golf and TBH all I did was slide around in them.....which was £2k down the drain IMO......expensive lesson for me.

That said the heated bit was nice in winter

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
The recaros have lumbar support which the standard ones dont,the side bolsters/supports are also deeper and hold you better compared to standard seats.I tried 2 LCR back to back when i bought mine,one without recaros and one with,i could feel the difference between the two,the recaros seemed to hold you better.I decided to go for the LCR with recaros because of this,wasnt bothered about the name,although it was a bonus having recaro stitched into seat too.I wouldnt have paid £1200 though if i bought car new,maybe £600 tops for them.Worth looking out for if you are buying second hand.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I think this photo shows the (small) differences very well Recaro Vs Standard......infact we could play 'spot the difference' ;)

cnVkZG1laXN0ZXJAMzQzNTU2MzZAMkAyMDA.jpg

The recaros have lumbar support which the standard ones dont,the side bolsters/supports are also deeper and hold you better compared to standard seats.I tried 2 LCR back to back when i bought mine,one without recaros and one with,i could feel the difference between the two,the recaros seemed to hold you better.

I probably did 50K+ miles in the leather heated version (below).....Then another 50k miles in the OEM LCR seats and even money aside the difference was negligable IMO :shrug:. Some SCn'ers have expressed concern over getting dead legs with the Recaro's :shrug: different people like different things I guess......

media

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
The recaro name aside i think it is better to have lumbar support than to not have it.This is only what i think but when i got out of the LCR without recaros and into the one with i could adjust lumbar and the whole seat just felt better.I wouldnt have paid £1200 to have them, but im glad i got a LCR with them fitted.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
£1200 is excessive for the LCR recaro's. The Audi S/RS series buckets are only £1600 and that is a specific seat that has no resemblance to the OE tat we have in our S3.

The ones Recaro LCR seats were definitely more supportive, but not something I would have felt was a worthy premium at point of purchase.

adrianmorris

May 17, 2004
I thought that the front Recaros on the LCR225 were an £800 option (in 2004 anyway).

Pretty sure that's what I paid (although I got a discount which offset this). Think I'd have baulked at £1200. I had had Recaros before and I wanted the adjustable lumbar support.

Adrian.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
The new recaros are a slightly different design to the old ones. The airbag sigh is a lable on the new ones rather than stictched on like the old ones

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
I have the Front and rear Recaros and I found they are more supportive over the 'standard' ones they feel alot more comfy too on long journeys (motorway) even though they aren't many differences but since having the standard ones then going to these I find them alot better.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members