Recently bought a 1.8 tsi cupra. Garage says its remapable under warranty?

Mar 13, 2019
So recently i bought a cupra, the garage i had it from (carshop) told me i could remap it without voiding any warranty? I asked like 3 times to make sure lol but he insisted as long as its just a map, below stage 3 and no other parts get changed etc it will be covered by warranty, so my question is what company would be best to go for a remap? New to this so this is my first post.
Thanks.

Deleted member 103408

Firstly I would say that carshop are not up to speed.

Revo has a page for this here https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/will-revo-software-invalidate-vehicle-warranty/

Seat Customer services confirmed this:

Thank you for your recent contact with SEAT Customer Services.

We would recommend that any alterations made to a vehicle or any parts used on your vehicle should be SEAT approved. If this recommendation is not followed and a non SEAT approved part/accessory is used on your vehicle and a fault occurs as a result of the use of this component then your warranty will be void.

If also you turned on any features of a component that did not come as standard on your vehicle and that component broke the cost will not be covered by SEAT and in doing so the warranty on any related parts can also be affected.

I hope this information proves useful and if you do require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on the number provided below.

The general consensus is if you modify the power output and the dealer detects it (revo have a link to current status on this) then they can and do reject warranty claims on Engine and Gearbox as you have modified the car with non Seat Approved Parts and creating power that it was not designed to have (even though it will happily support the extra power)

However if you lights stop working or your digital dash stops then that will be covered.

It's a very grey and murky area.

However if this is a carshop warranty then the rules may be different.

Mar 13, 2019
Firstly I would say that carshop are not up to speed.

Revo has a page for this here https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/will-revo-software-invalidate-vehicle-warranty/

Seat Customer services confirmed this:

Thank you for your recent contact with SEAT Customer Services.

We would recommend that any alterations made to a vehicle or any parts used on your vehicle should be SEAT approved. If this recommendation is not followed and a non SEAT approved part/accessory is used on your vehicle and a fault occurs as a result of the use of this component then your warranty will be void.

If also you turned on any features of a component that did not come as standard on your vehicle and that component broke the cost will not be covered by SEAT and in doing so the warranty on any related parts can also be affected.

I hope this information proves useful and if you do require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on the number provided below.

The general consensus is if you modify the power output and the dealer detects it (revo have a link to current status on this) then they can and do reject warranty claims on Engine and Gearbox as you have modified the car with non Seat Approved Parts and creating power that it was not designed to have (even though it will happily support the extra power)

However if you lights stop working or your digital dash stops then that will be covered.

It's a very grey and murky area.

However if this is a carshop warranty then the rules may be different.
Thanks for the reply mate. The warranty is under carshop not seat im pretty sure about that but now im uncertain about getting a map because im sure seat will be the ones to deal with if anything does go bang, but carshop assured me that if i do get a map, and aslong as it isnt a burnt clutch due to the driver if anything goes wrong it will still be under warranty.

Deleted member 103408

Well thats good, if it were me I would want that in writing or at least somebody to point out in the warranty where it shows you its ok to modify.

However I am sure these guys are telling you what they have been told, my personal experience I have never worried about it and just accept that when stuff goes bang I have to pay for it. If you are only doing a stage 1 then its not easy to spot the car is modified so unless you get a awkward garage who checks you should be fine but just be aware without proof of cover you do have a risk.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members