Recommend me a replacement LCR Head unit..

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
I had replaced mine with a sony GT-500 which was great as it also had red illumination. IVe just lost the fascia for it so have to buy a new head now (its not economical to buy a new fascia) - Im after something that goes with the trim of the car so ideally some red illumination but can handle a blue screen...anyone want to suggest something?

You use your ipod.

It has a usb connetion and comes with an ipod to usb lead.

I don't think it has any memory for mp3 storage on it. If it has i haven't found it, mind you i have a 30gb ipod so that's more than enough.

viperrr

Jul 14, 2007
Midlands, nr Telford
yeha no ipod me, just a creative zen! ;(

It looks like it says mp3/wma on that product page too, which should mean it'd work with the zen I'd assume

EDIT: now i've actually read what it says I think that mp3/wma bit means you can plug in a usb memory stick full of music and it'll play that.... worth checking for sure though

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
It looks like it says mp3/wma on that product page too, which should mean it'd work with the zen I'd assume

EDIT: now i've actually read what it says I think that mp3/wma bit means you can plug in a usb memory stick full of music and it'll play that.... worth checking for sure though

that sounds like a brilliant idea, memory sticks are cheap as chips now, even really big ones.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
They aren't old-school looking, they are OEM looking :)

They are a very simple yet functional design that blends in perfectly with the design of most modern, German car dashboards.

swissrebel

May 17, 2007
The final answer on this is how much you're willing to spend. Becker are not cheap, and are fairly hard to come by :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.