Recommend me some tyres!

PJ_TDi

Its Thwaite
Jan 1, 2008
Wiltshire
I need 4 new tyres for my sport (205 45 16) I've had a set of Hankook Ventus V12 from new and they have been very good wear/performance wise. I'm looking for a tyre that will wear well and perform well once again. I also want to keep it pretty cheap, so any recommendations are greatly appreciated! :D

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i'm need some new tyres soon but i got to sort out my tracking first as it seems the usual problem of camber making the insides wear more than the outside is happening.

I'm eyeing myself a set of a forum favourite, Toyo Proxe T1R

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I need 4 new tyres for my sport (205 45 16) I've had a set of Hankook Ventus V12 from new and they have been very good wear/performance wise. I'm looking for a tyre that will wear well and perform well once again. I also want to keep it pretty cheap, so any recommendations are greatly appreciated! :D

Might just be me being daft but why not stick with the ones you had? they seem to have the wear and performance bases covered from what you say, so why risk going for something else that might not be as good?

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yokohama parada's all the way i normally go through tyres every 8-12 weeks but these parada's lasted 8 months and normally i can wheelspin in 3rd but not with the paradas on they are the only tyre i reccomend at the moment

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
Kumho KU31s.......lasted me well over 20k miles on the front - probably over 25k in fact, if only I could remember exactly what mileage I had them fitted.
Camskills currently has them for £100 for a pair, with £5 delivery for 205/45/16. I just replace my fronts.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.