red leons

Wolvotim

Oct 3, 2009
Shifnal, Shropshire
looking into buying a leon and i really like the red ones.

With my budget im looking at maybe an 03 - 04 reg and i just wanted to know what the paint work is like.

I've previously had a bad experence with a red 02 vauxhall which turned pink.

Im hoping seat/vag paint work is harder wearing

Last edited:

Rob100

i used to have a seat toledo, year 2000, so basically the same car as the 03 / 04 leon. Mine was in flash red and it had faded on the bonnet and roof. Looked great after being polished with colour restorer polish, but I wouldn't have another red one due to the fade.

Having said that, I've not seen many red Seat's which have faded so it might have just been my bad luck.

andy3024

Went to the hants meet on weds and there was a red one with black wheels looked good, Just gotta make sure you keep it polished to protect the paint work.

danny20vt

going back to basics
Take a look through my readers ride, link under my Sig, this is with 10 years and 144k of use, I think the shade of red mine is was only offered on earlier models though, I'm still not sure of the name myself.
Apart from stone chipping on the front, the paintwork has still got its shine.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Take a look through my readers ride, link under my Sig, this is with 10 years and 144k of use, I think the shade of red mine is was only offered on earlier models though, I'm still not sure of the name myself.
Apart from stone chipping on the front, the paintwork has still got its shine.

Azalia red;)

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
I've now got an 05 LCR in red and I can't see any fading.
But I reckon they probably do need more waxing and protection to keep it vibrant.

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
I would buy the best car i could for the money and not worry to much about the colour as there are no really bad leon colours,ARE THERE???

Mark123

got a red lc 2 weeks ago m8 paint works brill no signs of any fading what so ever

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.