Reference CD player question

TIRO

Hi all

I need to know if the rear of the "reference" head unit has the ability to support a CD changer? I have read other posters with the stylance model being able to use IPODS and CD changers but cannot find any posts who has a reference. I have tried the usual searches and trying to get the player out! :censored: have tried my old Audi tool as well as a kenwood tool from halfords (still no joy). Ultimately what I am trying to do is see if the head unit can support an aux via the CD changer input for MP3 playback (non IPOD), and at the same time do a speaker conversion (infinities as mentioned in other posts).

Eventually i will replace the head unit with a dvd player but thats another kettle of fish!

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Tim

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
hi Tiro. i have a Toledo reference (i know this the Altea but gettin no joy in ohter section!) and was wondering same things? how to get at the rear to attach an aux if it has a connection to fit a cable? will the speakers not just fit into the original spot without rewiring, or will you be adding to the numbers of speakers? have read that a connection is present but as you say not soley for a reference model. Looking at pictures of factory fit cd changers they fit in the centre console of the toledo, not sure of altea, but they are just about identical? was thinking if a connection is in place in there behind a blankning plate?

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
Hi.

I fitted a Denison Ice link into my Tolly reference. I got my local dealer to unclip the Radio from the dash for me. 1 clip L + R and 2 on the bottom. radio slides out. :)

iirc Denison do a gadget that allows the use of the CD Changer and iPod but I amnot sure whether it is available for the Altea.

You will need a CD changer with proprietory connector to fit into the radio.

WHy would you want a CD changer with as well as an iPod??

Hope this helps

Last edited:

TIRO

Hi.

I fitted a Denison Ice link into my Tolly reference. I got my local dealer to unclip the Radio from the dash for me. 1 clip L + R and 2 on the bottom. radio slides out. :)

This was on my mind as a backup I will talk to my local dealer when the car goes in for a service. Perhaps i can rob them of this tool.

WHy would you want a CD changer with as well as an iPod??

Hope this helps

I think you misread my post I need to use the CD socket to fit an AUX convertor. No IPOD (I have a Samsung MP3 player) I have read somewhere this is possible so was going to look into this further.

Thanks for the help

TIRO

hi Tiro. i have a Toledo reference (i know this the Altea but gettin no joy in ohter section!) and was wondering same things? how to get at the rear to attach an aux if it has a connection to fit a cable? will the speakers not just fit into the original spot without rewiring, or will you be adding to the numbers of speakers? have read that a connection is present but as you say not soley for a reference model. Looking at pictures of factory fit cd changers they fit in the centre console of the toledo, not sure of altea, but they are just about identical? was thinking if a connection is in place in there behind a blankning plate?

You shouldn't need to worry about the speakers they will still be connected the usuall way.

Your right about the CD changer location, they do appear identicle however my Alty hasn't a connector in the center console :( i expect this is a money thing like most manufacturers otherwise i'd have expected a interface visable.

Cheers
Tim

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.