Remap - New clutch req'd

seat sean

Oct 20, 2008
Gt. Yarmouth Norfolk
Do you think the picture is misleading then, because it has the "Sachs" name on it! Have they taken a picture of a standard clutch kit, but are just relining an old clutch plate then?

seat sean

Oct 20, 2008
Gt. Yarmouth Norfolk
Thought it was to good to be true! What about the CG Motorsport paddle clutches, i have seen some good reveiws about them on other forums? I think i know what you will say!

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
the sachs way is tried and tested. It worked fine with my 385lbft. almost oem feel. I think it pays to spend a bit more and get it right the first time.

seat sean

Oct 20, 2008
Gt. Yarmouth Norfolk
Yes i think you are right, i will go that "tried and tested way", still hurts to pay around £600for a clutch though, and i won't know until the car is in bits whether i will need a new DMF either!

seat sean

Oct 20, 2008
Gt. Yarmouth Norfolk
Direct from Sachs is as good as any i suppose? Clutch kit with plate and cover is 669 euros or £571. I am sure if enough poeple wanted the same item a group buy and therfore a bit of extra discount could be arranged with a UK supplier?

seat sean

Oct 20, 2008
Gt. Yarmouth Norfolk
Yep true i have been caught like that before when ordering stuff outside the EU, but i think it will be ok within the EU. Perhaps a company within the UK could offer a better deal if a group buy was on the cards, although how many would have to be purchased and organising it are two different things!

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Competition Braking are the UK distributor for Sachs so JKM get the Sachs clutch from from Competition braking to start with. Competition Braking are a great company to deal with and would probably be open to a group buy if somebody on here sorted it.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
I used Competition Braking, you can't go wrong with them.

like devon says. they are the uk distributor.

oh and I'd get the dmf swapped at the same time, as dmf are crap!

DandB

My other car
Jul 20, 2007
London
Interesting, they were definitely charging more than JKM were when I ordered, I'd already been given the heads up on Competition Braking by glynnd. I guess I got something JKM already had in stock, at a suitable price covering what they paid even though the actual price had gone up...

edit - I still have the emails. CBP were out of stock, but pointed me towards Jabbasport (who never responded to my email) and quoted me £536.25 + VAT for the cover and plate, JKM were £509.44 + VAT for cover and plate.

Check out the group buy on vagoc.co.uk, some details in this thread also:

http://http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=296883

You may not be able to enter the group buy section immediately on vagoc as a new member but the link above has main details! ;)

These clutches are coming from a company called APS but i think, if i'm not mistaken they get them direct from Competition Braking at a dealer rate that would be very hard to beat!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members