Remapped 130 FR Ibiza

niw2500

Jul 6, 2006
Hi, i just got the car remapped and noticed that in 3rd or 4th gear at 1500 rpm if i put the leg in it there is a heavy vibration through the car between 2k-2.4k rpm. It was on dyno @ 180 bhp and 276 lb/ft torque. Anyone know what it is?

thanks

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
what remap is it? if it's a revo, isn't the optimum torque meant to kick in at about 2.4k rpm?

niw2500

Jul 6, 2006
Auto tune did it they have a good reputation. I will go get it adjusted on friday when i go back out to get another dyno run to see if its any different after 300 miles.

geofflowe

My car is 177BHP and 320Lbft on a revo map. Occasionally i get clutch slip but no judder. Clutch is fine but a the slip onmly lasts about a second then it picks up and flies!

Triple D

that vibration you're getting is the dual mass flywheel working over time. Its because of the torque going through the transmission. The DMF is designed to take up most of the vibration from the engine when the car is in motion, but with the added torque, it will be putting it under more strain.

If you want it to stop, i suggest taking it back and getting the torque dropped down a bit, either that or just half throttle it till 2.5k and then boot it after that.

I get the same in mine, but im also running an uprated clutch, so you get even less damping from the vibration. but then again, DMF and clutch's dont cost that much from work ;)

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Dont forget to check the upper boost pipe on the drivers side of the engine bay...

This can rattle against the fuel pump housing and it does it when the engine is put under strain....

A bit of foam and cable ties should help you....

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
You just don't have to floor it under 2k rpm,,, just ease the pedal in gently and then floor it at say 2200 rpm,,, I don't think you need to go back to the tuner, it would do the same with any other marp imho,,, just don't ask too much to you car,,,

PWB

I think just just asking to much from your car without any other mods.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.