remote central locking

vngtx

well since it uses a relay to either open or close the locks by reversing the positive and negative voltage its posible to use that kit just by cutting the wires on the central locking ecu and attaching to the outputs of the new module off ebay without fitting any solenoids to the door locks.

mascolo99

well since it uses a relay to either open or close the locks by reversing the positive and negative voltage its posible to use that kit just by cutting the wires on the central locking ecu and attaching to the outputs of the new module off ebay without fitting any solenoids to the door locks.

Yes! is exactly what I did.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland

Yes! is exactly what I did.

Would this just be done by cutting the wires at the central locking pump/ecu and connecting it to the module?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Sorry to bring this thead back up. I have bought myself one of the remote central locking kits listed above for my car. Obviously I already have central locking but not with a remote, so I wanted to have it with a remote.

Below is the wiring diagram for the kit that I have purchased:

Is there anyway I will be able to fit it into the current system without the need for the door actuator things??

From my understanding the Brown/Black/White wires must be for the opening/closing. The green/blue wires are just the connections to open the other actuators from the drivers ones. And there is the 2 wires going to the battery, although would those be required as the standard central locking the opening/closing is 12v positive?

Thanks for any help.

vngtx

just need to work out where the blue and green wires go into the relay or CL module. then you dont need the actuators.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
just need to work out where the blue and green wires go into the relay or CL module. then you dont need the actuators.

The wiring coming from the relay/CL module is all loose and in the order on the diagram. The drivers actuator is the main one and all signals sent to the others go via that one first. The green/blue wires all have bullet type connectors on each of the actuator wires.

Wheres flapper when you need him? :whistle:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Looking at the diagram again, the blue/green wires coming from the loom that plugs into the Relay/CL unit go to the actuators that are for the 2 rear doors in a 5 door car.

The blue/green from the master actuator (drivers side) only connect from this actuator to the passenger side actuator. So I think the Brown/White/Black from the loom control the opening/closing of the system.

Is my thinking right?

Last edited:

vngtx

if you connect a battery to the green and blue wires the actuator opens or closes depending on which one is positive, if you reverse the battery it does the oppsosite. im sure theres a way to use this signal through the relay. should be a full fusebox wiring diagram in the FAQ section.

mascolo99

Hey is correct, blue and green are the +12v open and +12v close I guess.

So you must look the door driver cables, there are 2 cables that are the signals open/close, and join with the blue and green.

In my ibiza the 2 cables where RED/GREEN and RED/BLUE and where activated by sending +12v.
If your ibiza central loking is activated by sending ground, put a relay and voila!

grettings

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hey is correct, blue and green are the +12v open and +12v close I guess.

So you must look the door driver cables, there are 2 cables that are the signals open/close, and join with the blue and green.

In my ibiza the 2 cables where RED/GREEN and RED/BLUE and where activated by sending +12v.
If your ibiza central loking is activated by sending ground, put a relay and voila!

grettings

I thought that was correct.

Tonight when I got in from work I tested one of the actuators with a AAA battery. When the blue wire is on the '+' and the green is on the '-' side the actuator moves up which will be open. When you switch them over with the green on the '+' side and the blue on the '-' side the actuator moves down which will be closed. So now I just have to figure out which colour wire on the car is open and close signal.

I know that I will have to connect the red wire and black wire to the battery and the other black to an earth I think.

Then to find a place to fit the Relay/Central locking unit in the kit.

mascolo99

perfect!

well the cables that activates the stock central locking cames from the drivers door, and might be the colours I said.

bye

mascolo99

Thanks for the help mate.

Isnt there a cable for the central locking coming from the passenger door aswell?? Looking at the wiring diagrams in the Haynes book there is a wire of each going to each door.

Yes thats correct, because in the ibiza`s you can lock the doors with any front door, paseenger or drivers doors. But near the drivers door you have all the cables, +12v, ground, etc, so is more easy from the drivers door, you have all cables in the same location.

greets

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Yes thats correct, because in the ibiza`s you can lock the doors with any front door, paseenger or drivers doors. But near the drivers door you have all the cables, +12v, ground, etc, so is more easy from the drivers door, you have all cables in the same location.

greets

Alright, thanks.

On the kit I have there are 2 cables that have to be connected to the battery, a red cable with an inline fuse and a black. So I was going to connect the blue/green wires at the central locking pump and/or a blue/green cable to each of the wires in the door, just to make it easier.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise