remote central locking

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
how would you go about fitting remote central locking...? do Seat sell a kit, or do i get an aftermarket one..? and how much would the roughly be? ive got a 1.4 sxe AEX

Cheers, Ieuan

vngtx

5 door will be tricky but aftermarket is the only option. its fairly easy, just got to drill 2 holes to mount the motor next to the door lock on each door, connect the motor to the rods, wire them up and press the button. done it on 2 of my cars and cost about 25 quid for the kit.

vngtx

yeap. ill find the one that ive used twice that works perfectly with extra features.

vngtx

usually 30 mins per door. simple plug in design with 2 wires for positive and negative.

Ieuan-J

Jan 8, 2010
South Wales
i do have central locking, but it does my head in putting the key in the door all the time so i want remote central locking...

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
fix and use a remote then ?

any mates with mk2's and remotes that you can test your system with >???

mascolo99

Great!! you only need the remote central locking without the motors or actuators.

If you see your door cables with a voltimeter, when you lock all doors you must have in one cable RED/GREEN +12v, and on other cable RED/BLUE +12v when you unlock, so you read your remote central locking circuit, and connect, is very easy, I made it in my ibiza and works fine.

hey you could post the remote circuit/manual so we can help you.

vngtx

Is that kit really simple to fit??

Im just worried about all of the wiring that is in the bundle.

Wont you need to fit something by the c/l pump or something?

if you've already got central locking it wont fit properly but with a bit of work it should.

mascolo99

Is that kit really simple to fit??

Im just worried about all of the wiring that is in the bundle.

Wont you need to fit something by the c/l pump or something?

the aftermarkets central locking or car alarm, are prepare to work with neumatic pump or electric motors, you only have to see the circuit and put the cables togheter

Here is my mk2 ibiza with and aftermarket central locking, is like audi tt key

mascolo99

I already have central locking but not remote.

Im willing to do abit of work to get it to fit. Much work required for it?

No! you only need a voltimeter, the circuit diagram and enjoy!

It may take you less than an hour!