Removed instument cluster in Leon now will not start??

barr

Hi All

Afraid I have another problem :(

I look out the instrument cluster of my 2000 Seat Leon today. I disconnected the negative terminal of the battery before I did this.

When I reconnected everything back up the engine is cranking but not starting. Its like its out of petrol.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

sie77

May 12, 2009
I had a similar problem when i changed the dials but mine would start then cut out after about 1 second, in the end it was the plastic transparent cover that protects the dials make sure its clicked fully in.

This may not be the issue with yours but worth checking.

barr

I had a similar problem when i changed the dials but mine would start then cut out after about 1 second, in the end it was the plastic transparent cover that protects the dials make sure its clicked fully in.

This may not be the issue with yours but worth checking.

This sounds very similar to my problem but the transparent plastic part seems to be fitted ok ,

Is there a way to reset the immobiliser?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Sometimes after disconnecting the cluster gateway needs to be coded again. You need vagcom etc to do this.

barr

Just has a matter of interest would the car start without the clocks or would the immobiliser still cut it out?

Anyone think this would harm the car.

barr

Think I mite be a bit far away :) I'm in Cork , Ireland hehe

Wouldn't mind buying a vagcom if they are not that expensive , would it be able to reset the immobiliser ?

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
Not sure whether you'd need full official vagcom or whether it'd work with an ebay cable and shareware.

Post a request in the vagcom section, you never know there may be someone just around the corner willing and able to help

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.