Removing 888's and looking for the latest best everyday road/track tyre.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Can't comment on the other two but similar to you I'd used Eagle F1s in various iterations over the years and the current tyre is an improvement. I've never found it wanting in fast road/occasional track day use.

It's interesting to read there are supply issues as I'll be need two more soon...:(

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Spoke with Michelin just now and there is no word on any other sizes becoming available in the UK, citing testing with specific sizes, working with car manufacturers etc etc. I guess thats them scratched then.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Spoke with Michelin just now and there is no word on any other sizes becoming available in the UK, citing testing with specific sizes, working with car manufacturers etc etc. I guess thats them scratched then.

Nice way to do business! lol. Stock weird sizes but not one of the most popular ones. Could understand it if that size wasn't available anywhere at all but the USA have them and I'm pretty sure Australia does as well.

Mar 13, 2010
Goodyears Assy 2's do get good reviews all over the shop, if your looking at something cheaper than I would suggest Hankook Evo v12's if you can get them in the size your after, really good tyres and get great reviews all around the web/magazines.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yeah the Dunlops were the tyres I was looking at as a second choice. May give them a birl and see what happens :)

Thanks all.

Al

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Yeah the Dunlops were the tyres I was looking at as a second choice. May give them a birl and see what happens :)

Thanks all.

Al

If you do get them can you let us know how you get on with them? Working on the basis you've got at least twice as much power as me then they'll be more than sufficient for my motor! :D

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Nice way to do business! lol. Stock weird sizes but not one of the most popular ones. Could understand it if that size wasn't available anywhere at all but the USA have them and I'm pretty sure Australia does as well.

USA, Japan & Australia may have the same tread patterns as us but they don't comply with EU rules & regs. Japan tyre's are out of this world for grip, but noisy.

Dunlop seems to becoming the sport side of Goodyear so those Dunlops should be better than the eagle F1's, but doubt they will last as long. .

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Found where the F1 Assy 2's were in stock, so 4 are ordered.

Thanks all :)

chopperh

Have a look at these. Nokian Z G2

Apparently very grippy and extremely quiet. I'm thinking of ordering some from mytyres. they have come top or highly rated in all the German tyres test of late.

Steve

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
vredestein (crap)

Really?

They were all the hype on here when I first was looking tyres and I am now on my second set, seem fine to me in both the dry and the wet.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I thought they were shite, and so do several others who have had them. Totally overated in my opinion.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members