Removing badges??

claudefrog

Oct 23, 2005
At home
www.reallymeansounds.com
ask the local spidey *******s who decided to remove mine with a screw driver last night whilst the car was parket outside my house... tramps.. the cupra badge costs all of £7..

infact.. dont.. cause you will prob want to get the scrapes painted

get a kettle of hot water and pour over them.. they should just pull off nice and easily

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Hi There

Best way get them off is with hair dryer over the letters to melt the glue and either fishing wire or dental floss behind to pull off the letters, the dilute white sprites and wipe off the excess glue them wash off.

Hope this helps

cheeers

commiemidget

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Finally managed to do it lol! Took abit of persistence to ensure i didnt scrape the paint up gettin the excess glue off but looking at it i think im gona leave it debadged and let people guess wot it is lol!

Dec 31, 2005
London
I'd really like to debadge mine too but I read somewhere on here that someone took theirs off a flash red cupra and the underneath colour doesnt match! Grrrr[:@]
Sorry to jump into your thread blackturbo but wouldnt mind knowing if this a common thing with flash red or is it worth the risk!

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
No problem fella! I would take a guess and say it could look a different colour due to the paint fading. But a good polish once they are off and im sure you will be fine!

Dec 31, 2005
London
How do you unclip it without snapping it, have applied a bit of force from each angle and it wont move easily, dont want to take half the grill with it lol, do you need to undo the front and take it off from behind the grill?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
no it just pulls out?

actually i do remember breaking mine lol

had to get thin pliers to get the broken clip out of the grill. werent bothered cos it was going in the bin anyway

Dec 31, 2005
London
Ok just done it, looks a bit strange now though! Might get used to it or just buy a new one, what i had to do was just gradually lever it out from left to right and once out a little bit its easier to pull the badge off completely.
Cars a bit dirty but heres how it looks, ignore my face on the seat badge lol
grill.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.