Removing Boot Hatch Trim?

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
Hi all,

Have done a search, but cant find a definitive answer!

I want to remove the large plastic panel that sits on the inside of the boot hatch, under the rear glass.

I have taken the two inspection covers off but cant figure out how it comes off, and I don't want to break anything trying to just yank it off

Are there any screws or clips etc?

Can anyone advise?

Cheers
Jose

p.s. having owned a peugeot previously i never had problems with trim not coming off, it was usually a job to keep them in place :happy:!

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Two screws in the handles. Then its just a case of pulling to pop all the clips out.

I use my door card remover tool, it works very well for removing plastic trim.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
there is a screw in each of the little handles that you use to pull down the boot lid when open. take out these. best way i have found to get it off is take out these two screws and the two covers for the lights.. close the boot and fold down the back seat sit in and grab the trim at either side of the wiper and slowly pull it off. it will feel like its going to break but it wont..

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
OK, cheers guys, will give it a go!

What type of clips are they? Are they designed to be unclipped or are they likely to break/ should I get some replacements ready?

Cheers
Jose

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
they are metal clips. should not break. think you have to order a new boot trim of seat to get them

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
The metal clips shouldn't break but the plastic trim that holds the clips in might snap.

Thats why those door card removal tools work well, you can pull the trim off from the clip location instead of bending the trim and snapping the plastic bits that hold the clips to the trim.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
DOH, i just snapped lots of plastic

You should be able to just pull it, but it didnt work for me, it needs to slide sideways, or get your hands behind the clips (via light hatches) and push them out - looks tricky

now i need to buy a new boot trim (if it doesn't go on properly)

MK R BOY

Mar 5, 2008
Hi all

I started a thread a week or so ago regarding this but still havent had the soft hairy things to give is a go.

Respect for just getting in there and pulling!! particularly since there is quite a lot of advice out there but not quite so much experience in actually doing it - imho.

So are you now in the situation of needing a new boot trim?? and how much is that??

And in retrospect what would you do different? and if, as in my situation, would you try again and do you think you could get it off in one piece now??

Any help would really be appreciated

Lee

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
Hi all

I started a thread a week or so ago regarding this but still havent had the soft hairy things to give is a go.

Respect for just getting in there and pulling!! particularly since there is quite a lot of advice out there but not quite so much experience in actually doing it - imho.

So are you now in the situation of needing a new boot trim?? and how much is that??

And in retrospect what would you do different? and if, as in my situation, would you try again and do you think you could get it off in one piece now??

Any help would really be appreciated

Lee

hi lee
i honestly dont know what i would have done differently
it should have worked!

not sure on cost of new trim yet, i'll try and fix the leaky rear washer and then see if it will go back on without rattling!
maybe super glue!

MK R BOY

Mar 5, 2008
DOH, i just snapped lots of plastic

You should be able to just pull it, but it didnt work for me, it needs to slide sideways, or get your hands behind the clips (via light hatches) and push them out - looks tricky

now i need to buy a new boot trim (if it doesn't go on properly)

Thanks for the honest reply mate, what do you mean when you say it needs to slide sideways??

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
when i had one half off i noticed the metal clips slide onto the plastic trim, so you can slide the trim off the metal, the metal bits stay in the boot so you have to pull these out after

hard to explain without pics

MK R BOY

Mar 5, 2008
I'm wondering then whether you are meant to grab the trim and slide the whole thing sidewards, or whether its just a coincidence that the clips are this way.

Do we have anyone on the forum with one of those electronic emanual things that could give a definative guide?

It seems to me that there must be a full proof technique to get this thing off or the trim is cheap enough to replace if it ever needs to come off, I might try and call Seat today and get a price for a new piece of trim.

Lee

MK R BOY

Mar 5, 2008
lol stealers constantly seem to amaze me!!

A new trim is £49.63 and the washer fix is £5.84. He checked with his mechanic and you cannot replace any bits in the washer assembly, so its £90 or so for a new motor :scary:

So why then do you sell a bit that can be replaced in it?? I asked, not sure is the reply! :confused:

The part number he quoted was 3b9 955 985 A, i'm thinking we still need a little more info on this.

Lee

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I would appreciate any pictures you can post of the trim and hatch clip locations as I have to pull the trim off my boot soon to replcae/fix the spoiler brake light.
I ALWAYS manage to destroy the trim whenever I have taken trim off any of my previous cars, it never goes back as it should for me, hopefully this will be my first success!

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
Have just got round to doing this today, After removing the two screws in the handle holes, remove the inspection covers for the lights and remove the lights (3 8mm nuts on each unit and they just clip out), with the rear lights removed you can see into the boot panel and see exactly where all the clips are and remove then without breaking any

Wasnt as bad as everyone made out to be TBH, with the rear lights removed it was a doddle

Jose

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
Have just got round to doing this today, After removing the two screws in the handle holes, remove the inspection covers for the lights and remove the lights (3 8mm nuts on each unit and they just clip out), with the rear lights removed you can see into the boot panel and see exactly where all the clips are and remove then without breaking any

Wasnt as bad as everyone made out to be TBH, with the rear lights removed it was a doddle

Jose

mine was a bitch to do last week and i actually managed to break a METAL clip. :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise