Removing front crash bar (for FMIC)

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Has anyone completely removed their front crash bar? I am thinking if i moved that I could cut out the number plate recess and allow alot more air into my FMIC, and just have a square motorbike no. plate at the side. But is it a very stupid idea (safety wise)? My bro had to do this to his scooby because the HKS FMIC is sooo big. And my mates corsa 2.0T because of fitment issues. Any ideas?

Also Since I've fitted my FMIC and cut bits off my front panel to make it fit my wings no longer line up with the bonnet....I've seen this on a few MK3's with FMIC's, is there anyway to fix this or is there a reaon for this?

P.S. I have a Pro Alloy FMIC.

Cheers in advance....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
and it does help stiffen the front chassis legs up (though the front subframe does this too)

Not really a good idea IMO, as pointed out - if you nerf the front of the car at even a low speed the first hard thing to impact is the subframe, which will just bend the chassis

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
And people wonder why people say buy the forge one.... Now safty is being compromised for proformance!:no:

David.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Just an Idea, I am still very happy that i bought this over the forge item.

Any Ideas about the wings?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I wouldn't remove the crash bar!! I had a front end smash at 10-15mph and if the bar wasn't there the damage would have been pretty bad!!

DSC00671.jpg

Last edited: