Removing/replacing old front (rear) wishbones with VT-ones

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Merry xmas to everyone...

I´ve just removed the lover arms on the front susp. to replace the front (rear) wishbones to VT ones (supplied by Bill@badger5)

Does anyone know how much pressure is needed to remove the old ones and to replace the new ones. Guessing I´m needing a hydraulic press to sort this out...

Anyone who can share some experience???

Prebs

flooky

Ive used a Vice however it's not always that easy. Best way is to take it somewhere with a hydraulic press :)

A mate got charged £25.00 for replacing both bushes on both sides.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
removing can be done by hacksawing the bush thru to its outer steel ring, and then just collapsing down the bush and it easily pulls out then

VT bush will benefit from 2-3 tak welds to secure it onto the wishbone. VT bushes are accurate round, wishbone pressed steel wishbones are not.

OR if you have a press, thats the ideal bit of kit yes

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
removing can be done by hacksawing the bush thru to its outer steel ring, and then just collapsing down the bush and it easily pulls out then

VT bush will benefit from 2-3 tak welds to secure it onto the wishbone. VT bushes are accurate round, wishbone pressed steel wishbones are not.

OR if you have a press, thats the ideal bit of kit yes

Thank for the tip. Did manage to removethe old ones and replace with VT one by using a 40 year old press witch is used to press books back in the days:)

Did discovered another prob thou. After refitting everything except shocks I noticed that both lower arm are 100% identical wich means its no left or right so one of them looks like it upside down with wishbone fitted and the other one correct fitted, didt noticed anything when I removed the arms. Typical!!! Is it supposed to be like this??? guessing not???

Prebs

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.