Removing the Horn

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
I have done a search, but cant find what im looking for.

I want to remove the horn on my 57 ibiza, but dont know where to look in the engine bay for it.:confused:

The reason I want to take it out is it sounds a bit week, and I intend to fit a better stronger horn to the car.

Thanks

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
behind the passenger side front fog light surround

not a lot of room in there but I did manage to fit a pair of Alhambra horns in and they sound ace

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Yea my old Punto mk1 had a better horn than the Ibiza! Sounded like an Airhorn! I loved it! People got a shock when they looked in their rear view mirror! Not that I peep all the time! :)

D4V2K1

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
TBH there is no need to get brand new horns, you will be better off going to a breakers and finding a pair that are plug and play off of a golf/passat/alhambra

horns either work or don't work and you can test them before buying if you find a battery near buy

£10 tops for a pair of horns, then give them a clean and bosh them on the bizza

sparcoracer87

Does the ibiza already have a spare plug for a second horn or do you need to wire them up?

sparcoracer87

ok thanks didnt think they would be nice and make it easy they really should put a better horn on it as standard as it lets the car down a little bit

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If like me you get a pair of alhambra ones from the breakers they come wired up with just one plug

:D

if you get the right year alhambra it will be plug n play, just don't ask me what year it was

sparcoracer87

Sweet that saves a bit of time Thanks for that Ill track some down this weekend do they sound offensive[:@] so somebody knows when your angry with them

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members