Removing the S badge

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Hi mate, never done it myself but apparently it`s easy to un-bolt once you remove the tailgate trim: clicky

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
ive done it mate

just dont do it in the dark when ya really need it sorting becuase its freezing, getting late and about to rain lol

will post a pic within next couple of days mate

its fairly simple tbh and looks good - need to re do mine some point.

All i would say is give yaself good time and be patient with some of the bolts - they are big and some parts are fiddly

but if ya need any help just let me know

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Matt Black,
Its something I've wanted to do for ages but I'm just not confident enough taking my car apart :(
**** myself on the rolling road day trying to take the front grill off to get to the towing eye, Let alone removing boot trim!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i kno wat you mean about taking things apart but once you have done one thing you cant really go wrong! just take your time and remember where all the bolts and screws go back! i tihnk i am going to attempt mine this week!
so are you keeping your cupra now

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
I'm always worried I'll lose everything.
I'm keeping it until someone makes me an offer really, I'm not pushing hard with the sale, Its not on pistonheads etc

However if someone on here offers or someone on another club forum offers £8500 I wont be able to resist.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Its really easy if you follow the trim removal guide posted above. Its then obvious what bolts need removing that hold the badge in.

I painted mine matt black. Take your time with cleaning and preppng the badge thoroughly. Bets to do it over the course of a weekend to allow the primer and paint to dry properly.

BEFORE
CIMG2989.jpg

PRIMER
CIMG2993.jpg

BEING PAINTED (not finished)
CIMG2999.jpg

FINISHED
CIMG3001.jpg

ON THE CAR
CIMG3004.jpg

CIMG3006.jpg

CIMG3007.jpg

Last edited:

oma

Is it possible to get the rear S badge on its own (someone nicked mine). I asked at the dealers and they said I have buy the whole lock unit.

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
hey we've just done mine, cant wait for it to go back in, just waiting for it to dry out! i got JKM to remove the rear trim when i went there to get my exhaust done haha, so a little while ago, then we took the badge out easily to do the rest. :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members