Renault F1 accept 'guilt' in race fixing allegation - Briatore & Symonds leave.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
12 months ago I thought I was being a cynic by thinking Piquet dropped it too easily resulting Alonso to gain advantage

So there we have it - another mockery of F1 showing how low some will stoop :no:

Face it, Piquet jr was not exactly a runaway success in the lower catagories and alot had to do with the greater backing around him compaired to others so it was a matter of time before his time was up in F1 :shrug:

I feel sorry for the lad also, Pressure cooker enviroment that is F1 and not helped by having Flav as your boss when you're not as good as the rookie Alonso was back then and being threatened at virtually every race meeting when he didn't cut it.

As its been said he's screwed himself regarding future employment in F1 and topline driving, the public outburst made on his website following his sacking was very ill advised and was totally undignified. Infact he should have walked away from the team at the prospect of crashing deliberatly let alone going through with it.

He did the right thing by speaking up, I'm just dissapointed this scandel has tarnished the carreer of one of the most respected people in the pitlane and more so Pat Symonds went along with it in the first place....

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
some would say hindsight is a wonderful thing but wouldn't going to a steward at the time been more appropriate ?

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Given Piquet Jnr's mindset, he was focused on doing anything (apart from being able match his team mates pace) to keep his job. Who knows, maybe he thought it might make a juicy bit in an autobiography after an illustrious career......

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Renault have been given a suspended 2 year ban.

Briatore has been banned from all FIA sanctioned motorsports for an unlimited period.

Symonds has been banned from all FIA sanctioned motorsports for 5 years.

Full details here

Pretty much what I was expecting.

Last edited: