Replacement 3 Button Key

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Hi,

Has anyone had an additional key cut for their Leon? I am thinking of getting a second 3 button key and have called the $tealer - £105 for the key and £80 for programming but have found a couple of VW blanks on Fleabay for £20 - £30 but it would seem they both operate on different frequencys... Does anyone have a part number for the Seat key?

TIA,

fM

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Been looking myself. dealer wants £98 plus coding, best price they will do it for is £140. I have tried pleading with them but they won`t budge, I got one for my ibiza earlier this year (non flip type) for £80. Even though I am spending £18000 ish on a new car(due in next week) they still won`t budge on the price[:@]

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Been looking myself. dealer wants £98 plus coding, best price they will do it for is £140. I have tried pleading with them but they won`t budge, I got one for my ibiza earlier this year (non flip type) for £80. Even though I am spending £18000 ish on a new car(due in next week) they still won`t budge on the price[:@]

I just bought one off ebay for £23. Gotta get it cut and then I'm gonna try and put the transponder from the other kak key in it... Should be all done for £40...

Boot button - press it until the lights flash and only the boot will be unlocked. Open boot, close boot, boot locks automatically... Useful when SWMBO has lots of shoppping.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
What's the boot button do or meant to do? Mine doesn't seem to do anything.

It unlocks the boot.

Walk up to the locked car, press the boot unlock button for 2 seconds(ish) and the boot unlocks, PLACE KEYS IN YOUR POCKET, open the boot. Load/unload boot. Close boot, boot locks.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Whatever you do, don't unlock boot, put keys in boot then shut boot! It autolocks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise