Replacement rain sensor needed after new windscreen?

lethalMango

Sep 23, 2014
I had a crack in my windscreen around a year ago with the windscreen being replaced and since then my auto wipers don't work and have reverted manual control only.

I took my car in today for a service and SEAT said the rain sensor needs replacing for £430!!

Looking at other posts it seems easy enough to change for a fraction of the cost.

Does someone have the part number for the rain/humidity/light sensor that I need?

I also saw in some other posts elsewhere that there is gel used to connect the sensor to the windscreen that can be replaced. Could that potentially be it following the windscreen replacement and if so can someone point me in the right direction of what I need to buy?

Thanks!

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Yikes!

The part number for the rain/light/humidity sensor is:5Q0955547B

If you search eBay for ‘rain sensor gel pad’ you should be able to find one for either a Golf or a Leon, both are the same size.

It’s very easy to swap out the sensor by removing the trim and rear view mirror, I’d try a new gel pad first and see if that sorts it, otherwise a genuine sensor is around £40-50 on eBay.

Reactions: lethalMango
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members