Replacing Cupra Cloth with Leather

Guilo

Hi to all fellow members,

Just wonderif replacing the cloth interior for leather on my52 cupra is straight forward.

Will i have any problems with airbag lights or anything else which might panic me lol.

Thanks in advance

Kev

bandit77

Apr 28, 2005
Nr Preston
i had mine changed for toledo trim not long back, my freind whos a mecanic did it for me, - i have pretty much none if any mecanical skills... :D however it did seem to be quite straight forward up untill the seat electrics were involved, he had to run wires from a power source to make them work, and put in some fuses for protection. i have since had an engine light that comes on every so often, and one of the seats tilt doesn't work... - thats ebay for you though seats are the problem not the electrics. airbags were not a problem though they plugged straight in, so im considering recovering my originals (not electric) with the leather at some point.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
As long as you do it with the battery disconnected, it's a dead easy job

Try and use strong tape to lift the seat rail caps rather than gouging at them with a screwdriver
(a knife blade, if the tape doesn't work)

The wider half of the rear seats can be a bit of a pig at times ... if it won't pull (outwards) from the centre mounts, go in for a beer and try again later - no amount of getting angry at it seems to work :snack:

Guilo

Thanks for the replies guys.

Got all seats out and whipped out my mates leather only to find my52 plate cupra dont have the bloody power connector to operate the front seats.

Well it was nice while the thought lasted , have to spend money now on FMIC lol.

cheers
Kev

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
Yes as long as you get them from a 4 door and watch out for the airbag plugs being slightly different - as far as bolts go it's a direct fit :)

Hi UncleFester can you answer a question for me , i just bought a set of V5 todelo half leather seats for my leon cupra , and i notice the airbag plug are difference , but if i cut the plugs on the loom and joint it too the seat plug for the airbag is the wires run the same way in both connection as the colour are difference.

cheers kenny

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
Those aren't the airbag wires !

Sounds like the wiring for the electric seats :confused:

Keep looking, and you'll find a plug that your Cupra airbag wiring slots straight into ;)

nope the plugs for the airbags are a difference shape on the todelo compare to a leon , each plug as 3 wires ,but the colours don't match that why i have asked the question lol

cheers Kenny