Res delete VagSport Burbles

Mar 6, 2023
Hi!

Im a fairly new owner of a Seat Leon Cupra ST 2.0, 300HP 4drive. I bought a res-delete pipe from VagSport because I wanted a little more rasp/Burbles to my car.

When I make some revs in N (neutral) I get some nice burbles but I when I am in driving mode either in D or S I barley hear anything? Is this a common problem? Or is it just hard to hear from inside the car? Tried to roll down the windows to listen but cant hear anything?

Trying my luck in here since most of you probably has way more experience with these cars than I do?

Should I remove the mufflers at the tailpipes?

CupraOwl

Aug 2, 2022
I imagine it doesn’t have the GPF? I think without a resonator and no back boxes it would be fairly loud. I’ve got the GPF version of the 4Drive and had the back boxes replaced for smaller ones (as it doesn’t have a resonator) and it’s enough for now.

It drones a bit on the motorway at certain RPMs but it’s bearable. It’s burbles whenever I let off in Sport/Cupra which I can easily hear in the cabin. And it’s fairly loud inside whenever I floor it.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023
I imagine it doesn’t have the GPF? I think without a resonator and no back boxes it would be fairly loud. I’ve got the GPF version of the 4Drive and had the back boxes replaced for smaller ones (as it doesn’t have a resonator) and it’s enough for now.

It drones a bit on the motorway at certain RPMs but it’s bearable. It’s burbles whenever I let off in Sport/Cupra which I can easily hear in the cabin. And it’s fairly loud inside whenever I floor it.
Yeah it does not have the GPF. Its a 2017 model, think they added GPF on -18's and fourth?

All right, I'll remove the OEM rear mufflers (I have one big och each side of the tail pipes). You recommend to go with just pipes or sport mufflers?

Im happy as long as I don't have to remove the cat to get some proper sound since its illegal to do that in my country..

Appreciate the answer aswell!

CupraOwl

Aug 2, 2022
Yeah think it was sometime in 2018 onwards they went to GPF.

I was honestly surprised at how loud the exhaust was when I first heard it with the new mufflers and am glad I didn’t just remove them entirely. And this is a GPF car I’m taking about, so quite a bit quieter than a non GPF car.

My opinion would be to replace the OEM mufflers for something smaller/sportier but don’t remove them entirely and straight pipe it as I think that would be too loud. At least for me! Also, I’m not sure it would pass a noise test as part of the MOT we have here in the UK (if straight piped).

CupraOwl

Aug 2, 2022
Or get a proper aftermarket exhaust system but appreciate that’s a lot more money.

Mar 6, 2023
Yeah think it was sometime in 2018 onwards they went to GPF.

I was honestly surprised at how loud the exhaust was when I first heard it with the new mufflers and am glad I didn’t just remove them entirely. And this is a GPF car I’m taking about, so quite a bit quieter than a non GPF car.

My opinion would be to replace the OEM mufflers for something smaller/sportier but don’t remove them entirely and straight pipe it as I think that would be too loud. At least for me! Also, I’m not sure it would pass a noise test as part of the MOT we have here in the UK (if straight piped).
All right cool. Yeah I think your are right about that. I'll see if I can find some smaller mufflers to put on to begin with and work from there. We have the same rules here in Sweden about the noise tests...

I did find some sweet aftermarket catback systems, but they are expensive as hell and far away from my budget atm.

I'll take my chances on smaller mufflers to begin with 🫣

Thanks again mate! I'll make sure to post a comment in here when I have swapped em out and how I think it sounds. Im sure there are others out there wondering the same as I do.

Reactions: CupraOwl

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
There is a couple of threads talking about the exhaust for the cupra models Damo h did a good write up in one and others added to it. Some have gone the route of swapping to the golf r estate exhaust on the st 4drive which doesn't have the filling inside the mufflers which makes a big difference along with being straight through essentially. Like already said change for an aftermarket exhaust might be an easy option if you are after more noise.

Reactions: CupraOwl

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Go for a Golf R Mk7.5 Exhaust and a res delete it'll be louder but look oem and not over the top. Then in sport/cupra letting off around 3K you'll hear pops and crackles.

I did the above mod for less than £100 getting second hand off Facebook

Steve J

May 26, 2019
All right cool! I'll look into that. A complete system or a catback system?
Mine was a catback but it depends where the one you buy has been cut if it has. Anything post resonator is fine. Your exhaust is identical to it bar different tips and internals in the rear boxes so you can clamp the pipes together fine

Mar 6, 2023
Mine was a catback but it depends where the one you buy has been cut if it has. Anything post resonator is fine. Your exhaust is identical to it bar different tips and internals in the rear boxes so you can clamp the pipes together fine
I had no idea about this. This is much appreciated my dude! I'll look for a Golf R Mk7.5 system instead then :)

Steve J

May 26, 2019
I had no idea about this. This is much appreciated my dude! I'll look for a Golf R Mk7.5 system instead then

If you're near Hampshire you're welcome to hear what it sounds like on mine as exhaust sounds are not to everyones taste. It does drone a bit at 70-80 mph as well with the de res but nothing I find annoying.

Mar 6, 2023
If you're near Hampshire you're welcome to hear what it sounds like on mine as exhaust sounds are not to everyones taste. It does drone a bit at 70-80 mph as well with the de res but nothing I find annoying.
I wish I was but im from Sweden :/ But perhaps you have a video or something? Just to clarify you are talking about a OEM system from a Golf R mk7.5 right?

Steve J

May 26, 2019
I wish I was but im from Sweden :/ But perhaps you have a video or something? Just to clarify you are talking about a OEM system from a Golf R mk7.5 right?

Ah no worries and yes OEM VW. The 7.5 Golf R Estate does not have any electronic valves and directly replaces the Cupra ST 300 Exhaust. It is with a clamp a straight replacement. I did this because I'm cheap and it looks OEM

Reactions: Spexxarn
Mar 6, 2023
Ah no worries and yes OEM VW. The 7.5 Golf R Estate does not have any electronic valves and directly replaces the Cupra ST 300 Exhaust. It is with a clamp a straight replacement. I did this because I'm cheap and it looks OEM
All right, well on my way to find a exhaust system from a Golf R then :) Thanks again mate, much appreciated :)