Resistor for airbag bypass with MOMO wheel and hub

Sile-R

96-97-98 f2 champion
Oct 4, 2007
İstanbul / Turkey
What resistor needs to be used to bypass the driver airbag so i can install my MOMO race steering wheel?

(ibiza cupra 98)

is steering wheel hub same with mk3 golf?

Thanx...

Last edited:

Sile-R

96-97-98 f2 champion
Oct 4, 2007
İstanbul / Turkey
Yes, some kits resistance comes from within ... Mine did not come from ...

It's easy to remove the airbag light ... I think it unnecessary. It should not burn the lamp.

On some sites, "3.3ohm 1/4watt" can be found, I'll try ...

is same the steering wheel hub Golf Mk3?

wc76

does anyone know how to bypass the drivers seat airbag i have vagcom and snap on doagnostics with layest sofyware deleted all error codes .light still on know u can use resistors jus not what ohm plz help.thanx.:confused: seen so many different ways ive saw but not for 05 ibiza cupra.any info advice would b.great.....ll

wc76

:whistle:does anyone know how to bypass the drivers seat airbag i have vagcom and snap on doagnostics with layest sofyware deleted all error codes .light still on know u can use resistors jus not what ohm plz help.thanx.:confused: seen so many different ways ive saw but not for 05 ibiza cupra.any info advice would b.great.....

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
:whistle:does anyone know how to bypass the drivers seat airbag i have vagcom and snap on doagnostics with layest sofyware deleted all error codes .light still on know u can use resistors jus not what ohm plz help.thanx.:confused: seen so many different ways ive saw but not for 05 ibiza cupra.any info advice would b.great.....

If you've had a 'crash' the 'crash' data is hard coded into your airbag ecu and you have to have it decoded and wiped. Vag com won't do it.

I've just bought a car that hit a pot hole and deployed the driver's seat airbag and seatbelt. I'm trying to find out what value resistor to use so I can MOT and tax the car without having to immediately buy a new seat.