resistors on and now in limp mode help

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
ive done the bypass but not gone all the way with the resistors. Are u sure u have good contact with all the connections...did u remove the sai aswell that can cause problems aswell ecu can detect an inproper flow *i think* with it any eml on.?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Couldn't remember reuvers, was going to see what he said if it rang bells i would have answered it.

As above check through the guides and make sure everything is done properly,

Put some pictures up of what you have done if you can, be helpful.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
think i read in a thread either the 5% or 10% ones were ok they just have to be 10w correct me if im wrong....where did you get them from.?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
See should use the ones that are proven to work, think it was a thread by myki 10w is the ones you want.

Away to search,

Have you binned the sai think you have to do this if you do the full bypass with resistors.

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Thought they had to be done parrallel anyway...? Although they look the same in the pictures could just be you have a dud one or somthing but if you have no eml on put some pictures up of how you done things will be best way.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
parrallel how? just snip off the plug and strip both wires of their shell and twist that around the ends of the resistor. then insulate and you're done.

if you didn;t remove sai its not a problem, you'll merely get a intermittend code sometimes. 16795 (had it again today)

can;t believe i'm interacting in yet another n249 bypass thread....

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
I know don't know why i am

Its friday and in a good mood, Searching is the way forward.

Jays problem hasn't come up before because he used the wrong resistors though,

Dutch man you are the bypass king. Have you not removed the Sai?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
I know don't know why i am

Its friday and in a good mood, Searching is the way forward.

Jays problem hasn't come up before because he used the wrong resistors though,

Dutch man you are the bypass king. Have you not removed the Sai?

nope. never really bothered. Only reason I would is to remove those plastic pipes up front above rad. Although someone told me the other day, that I can remove them now as well because I have blocked off the SAI. But not sure about that?

guess I've always had other things which I prioritized.

one day ;)

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Thats the main reason i removed it was to get rid of all the junk of pipes if you have blocked it off remove it and solder in a resistor

Pidge off here did mine well worth it for cleaning up the bay.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.