response chips - any reviews?

HarveyGTI

anyone any experience of http://www.responsechips.co.uk/ ?

or, any experience with urban racers in st helen's ?

never heard of them, and looks like a "superchips" type company to me

oh best not say that because I can't descriminate lesser companies who dont have the larger commercial backing:rolleyes:

anyway IMO, I would avoid the place and stick to the more popular or well known brands that people have been happy with on here

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
you'll never learn harvey! ;)

they may be a two-bit bunch of con artists but its not fair to slag companies off just because you have never heard of them. i had never heard of forge motorsport before i joined this forum but as i now know, their customer service is legendary.

HarveyGTI

you'll never learn harvey! ;)

they may be a two-bit bunch of con artists but its not fair to slag companies off just because you have never heard of them. i had never heard of forge motorsport before i joined this forum but as i now know, their customer service is legendary.

true, but as I have been on here now for sometime, owning a variation of seats over the years, I have never heard of them being mentioned on this forum, so i think that stands me in pretty good stead

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i wasnt having a go harvey, i was just pointing out the not having heard of a company is not grounds to say they are no good. i agree with you though that my preference would be to a company with a well known and good reputation.

HarveyGTI

i wasnt having a go harvey, i was just pointing out the not having heard of a company is not grounds to say they are no good. i agree with you though that my preference would be to a company with a well known and good reputation.

oh yeah I know mate, no worries:)

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
I'd be a little concerned that, with all the problems remapping the new diesel engine, they're promising 215bhp. Any decent remapper will acknowledge that this is not safe.

Presumably that's before the DPF clogs up, falls out or burns up!

I'd therefore be concerned about letting them touch my petrol motor.

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
i have a response turbo plus "remap" on my car
been a bit up and down but my car had a few faults of its own.i know the guys at urban racing quite well just had my blue flame tb exhaust fitted today!!great job and works a treat!!
another response dealer is having an identical leon to mine rolling roaded tomorrow.so theyre going to get mine in sat and reload the info from the rr results to my car as mines not quite perfect yet however it goes well!!:p
ill let you know how i get on on sat and what the rr results were.pretty confident with dave and steve tho.

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
that's why i ask.

blueflame have suggested that i get urban racing to fit my exhaust (if i actually get one) as they can't fit me in the same day rik's over there.

they're also keen for me to get the remap, so they can get dyno prints to back up their power claims. i'm not sure they've done a LCR, which is why i'm a little wary.

can i ask how much the exhaust fitting was, and how much their remap was? feel free to PM, if you prefer.

also, is the remap a custom one, or just a generic stg1 type thing? i'd be wanting a custom stg2 map.

HarveyGTI

that's why i ask.

blueflame have suggested that i get urban racing to fit my exhaust (if i actually get one) as they can't fit me in the same day rik's over there.

they're also keen for me to get the remap, so they can get dyno prints to back up their power claims. i'm not sure they've done a LCR, which is why i'm a little wary.

can i ask how much the exhaust fitting was, and how much their remap was? feel free to PM, if you prefer.

also, is the remap a custom one, or just a generic stg1 type thing? i'd be wanting a custom stg2 map.

kez IMO, I would strongly advise against it

honestly now, and you know as well as I do with all the issues with BF, that would you go upon their advice

not trying to put you off, but just dont want you to mess your car up mate and would personally go with one of the more renowned tuners on this site

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
true, but as I have been on here now for sometime, owning a variation of seats over the years, I have never heard of them being mentioned on this forum, so i think that stands me in pretty good stead

only thing is, if we havent heard anything postive, also means we havent heard anything negative
ive never heard of them, but id never heard of revo and the like before i got my leon

think id agree with harv about the map though until you had more info/proof
exhuast though might be worth them fitting it

be a good blast back over the dales with two new exhausts on :)

HarveyGTI

only thing is, if we havent heard anything postive, also means we havent heard anything negative
ive never heard of them, but id never heard of revo and the like before i got my leon

lol, no news is good news i suppose:)

all tuners need to start some where, but personally I would not go on BF's advice, never ever...and secondly I would be very wary if they have not done or tuned an LCR and your car would be a "test" pilot so to speak.....which could mean things will break ESPECIALLY if they are not well versed or trained in tuning VAG type cars

to me, its peace of mind, knowing an experienced tuner i.e. Jabbasport knows the ins and outs of my car, but thats just my advice and my opinion

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
i think you're right.

was kinda hoping someone would recommend them, but i can't see them being cheaper than bell. plus, bell have a very good rep.

i'll give them a ring and see if they can fit the exhaust on wednesday

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If your really keen on using them why not get your exhaust fitted by them, then if you are well treated and you like their service enquire about a re map.
Get some knowledge about the sudject then fire some questions at them and see what they came up with. Ask them what figure you WILL get. If they give you a figure walk away. It is impossible to tell exactly what a car will make, each car is different;)

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
goin back to urban racing tommorow to get my remap re mapped??!!!my cars had new exhaust cat and sensors everywhere so theyre going to put a map on off an identical leon which was rr today not got any figures til 2moro but i can wait!!
had this fluttering boost thing on and off (as people do even with revos and cc's)but when it runs well its fantastic especially with new BF TB EXHAUST!results 2moro anyway chaps !!

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
oh and they never gave me a figure either they said they aim to get between x amount and x amount depending on mods etc etc.like i said should get something on paper 2moro!!

HarveyGTI

oh and they never gave me a figure either they said they aim to get between x amount and x amount depending on mods etc etc.like i said should get something on paper 2moro!!

well I watch this with interest.....

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
sorry guys never had chance to get my car in today fatherly duties were required!get back to you on this soon as.all i can say is at mr audi a4 2.0t was surprise that he had to get out off my way earlier!!!....great success!!!lol!:lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise