Respray Options

LoDa

Oct 12, 2008
Southampton
so far i've had the paint on my alloys peel off which makes me very suspicious about whether they were powder coated or not. Someone decided to drive into the side of it when it was parked and left no details and the more I clean it, the more the swirls and stone chips become apparent.

I'm thinking of taking it in and getting it all fixed and wanted to make a couple of mods.

My car is red but get the rub strips gloss black, roof and spoiler black and all the external grey plastics gloss black.

Also get wheels powdercoated the same black.

Thoughts?

Aimez

Why not vinyl the roof black to see if you like before taking the plunge, have you tried getting the paint corrected and detailed? Obviously you need the wheels done and the side that was hit by the ******! But to save money a detail can do amazing things from pics I have seen

LoDa

Oct 12, 2008
Southampton
Thanks Aimez, the Vinal sounds like a good idea so i can take it off when it comes to sell. I have had a detail but unfortunately most of the chips were strait through the paint :(

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I know what you mean about the swirl marks. I had a dream the other night where I got the whole thing re-sprayed including rub strips and it looked great lol.

Aimez

lol I have had a dream my car had all the mods done to it too how sad! Hate them dream when something really great happens and it could happen and you wake up and for a minute think it's real then realise its not!I really hope paint correction can cure my machine polish marks on the rear quarter that was replaced last year after an accident. Is only noticeable when the car has had a proper clean but then all Summer I could see it! I'm thinking of getting a dent repairs mobile guy to see if her can fix my stone chip and marks where someone has opened their door very hard onto my car.

Vinyl roof looks great on red cars IMO should look great

Keef83

Nov 25, 2008
Maidstone
lol I have had a dream my car had all the mods done to it too how sad! Hate them dream when something really great happens and it could happen and you wake up and for a minute think it's real then realise its not!I really hope paint correction can cure my machine polish marks on the rear quarter that was replaced last year after an accident. Is only noticeable when the car has had a proper clean but then all Summer I could see it! I'm thinking of getting a dent repairs mobile guy to see if her can fix my stone chip and marks where someone has opened their door very hard onto my car.

Vinyl roof looks great on red cars IMO should look great

Let me know how that goes someone has done the same to my car.... [:@]

Aimez

yeh I have been put off fixing it cos it will happen again but when the time comes to get the car detailed and the dodgy panal corrected I don't want to see these marks it will ruin it!
When I ever get this done I would put before and after pics on my car readers ride thread. Maybe at the end of the Summer not sure yet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members