result of money spent on water leak.

Welshnel

After spending nearly £500 on all doors and according to seat every possible way the water could be coming in and guess what. still leaking =[

last option I was told by seat is to have the windscreen refitted. has anyone had to do this?

By the way its my drivers footwell that is always getting wet.

Welshnel

well according to the seat garage they checked all the possible ways it could get in.

last resort is to have the windscreen refitted but with christmas and my insurance renewal coming up(not a good mix) it will have to wait.

Just woundering how much is that going to cost me. im not looking forword to it since iv spent loads allready and nuthing has changed.

Leon MK1's should have never left spain aye.

Mat

^^^ i was thinking that

YOu say they're checked every possible way the water can get in but what about where it goes out?

As traumapat said, maybe the drain holes are still blocked :shrug:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
unless you can see water leaking from the screen id get the wipers off, scuttle plate off and pour water in there. find the leak.

3 most usual wet carpet problems are
door seals
leaves and rubbish under the scuttle plate blocking drain holes
or bulkhead hole.

not heard of anyone with a leaky screen (yet;))

scuttle should not hold water and it should drain out around the wheels.
what year is your leon?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I read about on guy on here with a leaky screen but this was just poorly fitted. It would have always leaked from when you got the car if that was the case. As above drainholes, bulkhead hole or grommets for bonnet cable/car wiring are favourites.

Welshnel

pollen filter was check and my passanger side is dry. Im just going by what the seat dealer said to me. I took the skuttle plate off a while back with my mate and we couldnt find anything. its not a leak that happans straight away. Will only get wet after hours of heavy rain.

im going to try checking the drain holes again. would like to pull the carpet back and have a look there but i wouldnt no where to start. if all else fails its going to be newspapers under the mat untill i get another car lol

pollen filter was check and my passanger side is dry. Im just going by what the seat dealer said to me. I took the skuttle plate off a while back with my mate and we couldnt find anything. its not a leak that happans straight away. Will only get wet after hours of heavy rain.

im going to try checking the drain holes again. would like to pull the carpet back and have a look there but i wouldnt no where to start. if all else fails its going to be newspapers under the mat untill i get another car lol

My old leon 1.4 leaked from new. Turned out after a couple of dealer visits not to be the door seals or pollen filter but the actual join in the bulkhead (if there is such a thing) hadn't been sealed properly in the factory.....they sealed whatever it was somehow and it fixed the leak!

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
the actual join in the bulkhead (if there is such a thing) hadn't been sealed properly in the factory.....they sealed whatever it was somehow and it fixed the leak!

Thats where my leon was leaking, it was also leaking from the plastic cover under the scuttle where the cables enter the car (relay box?). The rear of this had a gap of about 3mm and water just poured in :censored:

Welshnel

Just noticed the sealing job they had done on the bulkhead and they only did above the seal. Mate in work put his hand under the rubber part on the outside of it and it was wet and full of dirt. So im gonna try putting some seal under the rubber seal and around and hopfully touch wood it might stop it:D

and JamesTDI if you didnt notice it rains alot in the UK lol kinder hard not to get the car wet when its left outside and i have to drive it to work and back whether its raining or not lol

andycupra

status subject to change
sadly i think the dealer has taken a work sheet or advice from seat who will tell them to change the seals on the doors. They say they have looked into all the possibles, but they clearly have not.
For starters why charge you for doing all 4 doors when its clear a front drivers side issue.
Unfortunately, i think you have learnt that dealers are not that clued up or as good as many expect. If its not standard work then they often guess and often get it wrong.
As advised above, remove the wipers and scuttle panel thingy and take a look.

Welshnel

sadly i think the dealer has taken a work sheet or advice from seat who will tell them to change the seals on the doors. They say they have looked into all the possibles, but they clearly have not.
For starters why charge you for doing all 4 doors when its clear a front drivers side issue.
Unfortunately, i think you have learnt that dealers are not that clued up or as good as many expect. If its not standard work then they often guess and often get it wrong.
As advised above, remove the wipers and scuttle panel thingy and take a look.

yep that is excalty what they said to me. i had my doors done first and it didnt do a thing. so i didnt pay nuthing for them to sort the pollen filter out and half price on labour for the last work i did. but i have a funny feeling it was just this bulk head all along. Just wish i was a wiz with cars because it would save me loads of money. Lucky for me i now have a few friends who are good on cars. Just this leak problem i thought seat would be best to sort out but like you say they just go by what they got down on a book lol

wolfeman1

I Had similar problem with mine when i brought it, took it back to the garage and it was supposedly coming in though the windscreen, as it wasn't sealed properly?:confused: don't know how it could travel from the windscreen to the foot well of the back of the drivers seat though? But it did the trick no more leaks, just got waiting now to get the underlay felt replaced, before it starts to smell.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members