Retro-Fit Convenience Pack?

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
I'm currently looking at an ex-demo Bocanegra, as it's being advertised for less than a new FR, which is what I was considering.

From what I can tell, the car has absolutley no options on it at all (apart from the red paint). This doesn't bother me too much, as I was planning to skip on most things, and I can get a Parrot bluetooth kit for £200 less than the option price, which has more features. I was however hoping to get the convenience pack, and I was wondering if the various bits could be bought from the parts desk or wherever and fitted later.

My main worry is fitting the auto-wipers and auto-dipping rear view mirror. I believe there are sensors for them that are integrated into the windscreen and thus very difficult to fit later without replacing the whole windscreen. A collegue where I work has recently bought a vag com kit for his Audi, and he's also used it on another collegues Golf GTi, so doing the software side of things shouldn't be an issue.

The parking sensors are not a priority for me, but I guess they would be easy to fit. The coming home headlight function I'm guessing is just software and can be enabled in the canbus. It doesn't really matter to me as I don't park anywhere near my front door.

Could anyone advise if it's possible to do the wipers and mirror? Has anyone tried successfully or unsuccessfully?

Thanks.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I have the convenience pack and in all honesty the coming home function could have been left out and the folding door mirrors. Unless they had done them like the golf where the lights would stay on when you locked the car and the mirrors fold up too from the remote it would be a worthwhile option but they don't, which has rather disappointed me. However, that said I am just being fussy as i like the toys and want them to work in a specific way, they are still cool though. Not too sure about retro fitting these though as you also have the rain sensing wipers and yes they are attached to the rearview mirror.

Silent Shark

Apr 3, 2010
As I say, I'm not too bothered about Coming Home headlight. I live in an apartment building, and my car parking space is nowhere near my front door. All I'm likely to do with them is irritate the people living in the opposite building :rolleyes: .

If I have to get wipers and the dipping mirror at the same time then fine. I'm just wondering if they can all be fitted without replacing things like the windscreen, and without dismantling the whole car to wire it all up...

MARKG_BOC

Feb 2, 2010
nottinghamshire
Alright mate all I brought is the car and xenons no one told me what else can add on gutted does any one know what I'm missing out.
I thought they come with power folding mirrors can some one fill me in lol

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
They all have electric folding mirrors but unlike the leon they are not remote operated. Retro fitting auto wipers would be very costly indeed, dipping mirror probably not so but still a fiddle.

Red FR

If you look on the web there is a product from Gentex for the mirror, I have been thinking about one myself. It mentions a fitting so you can use existing mirror mounting.

I was not bothered about auto lights and wipers, I have had them on previous cars and was not that impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i made a velleman board kit up for £5 once that did the same job as auto lights :) admittedly not as much finesse involved or a lights home feature but then could always add one of their timers on it and voila ?

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Mrgreenfield on the door where the mirror selctor and adjustors are, if you twist the knob all the way to the bottom when you turn the car off the mirrors will fold up. Will see if I can do a vid of it for you mate.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise