Retro-fit Cruise Control

narse

I have seen a retro-fit stalk which hooks into the ECU on ebay. Has anyone fitted one?

I understand that as long as the car has EPC and can enable the feature via VAG-COM it should work.

My car is a year 2000 1.8 20VT (engine code APP) and I have a EPC light that comes on when I first start the car.

Thanks,
Rob

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
Yes - the kit should be everything you need, around 60-80 quid IIRC. Bit of a labour intensive ass of a job to do, but take your time and its fairly straightforward. Love cruise :)

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
i thought Awesome Gti were fitting these for £125 all in? I'm pretty sure a mate got his done on his audi a3 for this price, only problem is you would have to visit their premises.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Yeah Awesome GTI supply all parts necessary & fit it, I was looking into it, but then remembered I'm a student and spent money on beer instead :shrug:

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
they aint that hard to fit just takes time . im sure there is a guide on here somewhere
hardest part is wiring into the ecu
then need vag com to activate the cruise

ajmally100

Oct 11, 2009
Edinburgh
I just fitted cruise control yesterday and it went ok to be honest. I used several DIY guides. I can't add urls yet so add the 'www' before each link.

I used the Teeside guide as posted above.

uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/221940.aspx

carbasics.co.uk/vw_golf_mk4_cruise_control.htm

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members