Retro fitted cruise but not working, help!

DSUK

May 9, 2009
Just had a very frustrating afternoon re retrofitting cruise to my Leon Mk 2 2006 tdi reference. Just to recap, my Leon is one of the base models with the low line display and no MFD (trip computer) The steering controller fitted was a 'AE' type, and according to the ross WIKI does not support anything! So the controller has been swapped out to a 'AH' one from an audi A3.
This was then coded via VAGCOM. The coding on the original controller was 0000002. The new controller was coded with 0000022, ie cruise control but no MF computer. This code was accepted by the VAGCOM ok. Next the cruise was enabled in the engine ECU using the
[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]
Enter 11463 to activate cruise control
[Do It!]
procedure This worked fine and there is now the letter G in the component field.

But after all this the cruise control does not work! We looked in the 'block 6' switch monitoring section of the VAG COM to see if the cruise switch is recognised and it is. When you switch on the cruise, the value changes from 00000000 to 10100001 so the cruise is switched on according to the values. But, when you press 'set' or 'resume', even when travelling at 40mph+ the cruise seams to deactivate, the value changes to 1000001. You have to then switch the cruise off then back on to get the 'on' value of 10100001 again.

Do you think that the AH controller I have got is not compatable, or if this was the case it would not accept the coding in VAG COM.

The guy who was fitting it for me did say he checked and the wire from pin 13 was present so did not need to be added. If this was missing, would the cruise control not comunicate with the Engine ECU or the steering controller, because at the moment it does seem to be talking to the Engine ECU because of the changing values when checking cruise switch monitoring.

Lastly, we had some trouble when it was all fitted to reset the steering adaptation angle. This was finaly achieved but now when I drive the car it is pulling a bit to the right. Is it possible for an incorrectly set adaption to make this happen as I am sure it was not doing it before!

Sorry to be so long winded, but any help would be really appreciated!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Have you checked the operation of the brake and clutch pedal switches. If the car thinks that the clutch or brake pedal is even slightly pressed the CC will not activate.

Also don't forget that even when CC is working properly after you start the engine you need to hit the brake pedal switch once to arm the CC before it will set.

DSUK

May 9, 2009
Hi yes we did check this, the info was in the same place as the switch monitoring values and the vagcom showed the brake and clutch pedals being pushed

DSUK

May 9, 2009
anyone else got any ideas before I rip it all out? Should I try a different steering control module?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise