Retrofit drive assist from 0 to XL

Dec 17, 2022
Hi everyone!

I bought a Seat Leon FR 2022 1.5 eTSI few months ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any drive assist pack :(
After digging a bit, I found many answers but these are mostly incomplete, so does anyone can help me regarding following steps?

- Moving from 0 to M pack
--> found: new steering wheel is required with dedicated ACC button
--> missing: hardware OEM number(s) + coding

- Moving from M to L pack
--> found: 2 rear sensors + 2 additional front led strips

- Moving from L to XL pack?
--> found: new steering wheel is required with capacitive sensors
--> missing: hardware OEM number(s)

I saw many topics but no one is gathering all information so sorry if it sounds redundant...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi everyone!

I bought a Seat Leon FR 2022 1.5 eTSI few months ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any drive assist pack :(
After digging a bit, I found many answers but these are mostly incomplete, so does anyone can help me regarding following steps?

- Moving from 0 to M pack
--> found: new steering wheel is required with dedicated ACC button

- Moving from M to L pack
--> found: 2 rear sensors + 2 additional front led strips

- Moving from L to XL pack?
--> found: new steering wheel is required with capacitive sensors
--> missing: hardware OEM number(s)

I saw many topics but no one is gathering all information so sorry if it sounds redundant...

Thanks in advance for your help!
ACC alone is going to cost you thousands for activation unfortunately. Sell the car, buy another

Dec 17, 2022
783454D0-6E74-47AF-B52D-45B0BA472611.jpeg

I was speaking about steering wheel because I’m missing this button on mine. Now, I assume it’s not linked.

Regarding lane change assist, do you have OEM numbers of hardware? 2 doorcards, 2 sensors, 2 sensor holders if I’m not wrong?

Regarding PACC, do you have an idea of whom can activate it? So I can get a more accurate price ^^ (based in France)

View attachment 34963

I was speaking about steering wheel because I’m missing this button on mine. Now, I assume it’s not linked.

Regarding lane change assist, do you have OEM numbers of hardware? 2 doorcards, 2 sensors, 2 sensor holders if I’m not wrong?

Regarding PACC, do you have an idea of whom can activate it? So I can get a more accurate price ^^ (based in France)
That's the distance adjustment button. I wasn't aware they were leaving the factory with ACC but without the distance adjustment button

PACC for MQB-Evo was 1875 euro when we last looked into it, just for the activation

Part numbers are vehicle specific due to body shape, door card colours etc. We don't usually recommend DIY ADAS installations either

Dec 17, 2022
Maybe PACC is already bundled in my car but is not available because the button is missing and no setting are displayed whithin the car, how can I confirm? I can dig into parameters through my OBD dongle if needed.

Regarding price, I do agree that it’s expansive, especially when all others assitances are still missing :rofl:

Maybe PACC is already bundled in my car but is not available because the button is missing and no setting are displayed whithin the car, how can I confirm? I can dig into parameters through my OBD dongle if needed.

Regarding price, I do agree that it’s expansive, especially when all others assitances are still missing :rofl:
No, you do not have PACC otherwise it would be active/available

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Stepping in, yes all those options are ones you have to pay for - the easiest and cheapest way is to order the car with them fitted by seat at the factory, they do not fit the components to every car. Even if you had a donor car you couldn't get the modules to work without the activation by seat, which would probably cost more than the end car would be worth.

View attachment 34964
Last question for you: regarding this matrix, do all features are paying ones?
All of the above require either expensive activation codes which aren't available from seat themselves, and/or optional hardware

I believe high beam assist may be the exception to this, however it requires datasets & coding. (Assuming you have the ADAS camera).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members