Return to the fold...

Moose

As of tomorrow I'll be a Seat owner again, having had a Leon Cupra for a couple of years and having to get rid of it a while ago... :cry:

Picking up my spanking new Ibiza FR TDi tomorrow afternoon, and I'm looking forward to a return to waving/flashing/smug-grinning with other like-minded Seat folk. It just isnt' the same when you drive an old old old Laguna :(

I won't be making any changes to my car. Oh no. None at all. Never.

<cough>

Apart from the speakers...

And the head unit...

And maybe a sub...

And some sound deadening...

And a re-chip...

And.. and.. and.. I hope my girlfriend isn't reading this.. ;)

Sorry, I'm excited.. Ignore me and i'll shut up.

T. Spark

HeHe! What made you go DERV then? What colour have you gone for?

And yes, you will be spending lots :D

Triple D

Good to see another Fr tdi joining the site, what colour did you go for and like sir sparkster says, it wont be kept standard for long;)

Moose

Its a Black Magic one - I had an Ovni Yellow Leon before but it didn't seem to make me any more visible to the other idiots on the road, so I went with black on account of it not looking too "tall" like some of the other colours do on an Ibiza...

I'm definitely going to take my time getting used to it as Standard for a time... then decide what toys to get - I'm not one for maximum performance, but I know i'll never be happy with the standard audio components.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Moose said:
Its a Black Magic one - I had an Ovni Yellow Leon before but it didn't seem to make me any more visible to the other idiots on the road, so I went with black on account of it not looking too "tall" like some of the other colours do on an Ibiza...

I'm definitely going to take my time getting used to it as Standard for a time... then decide what toys to get - I'm not one for maximum performance, but I know i'll never be happy with the standard audio components.
I am feeling the same about the audio side, but i don't want to lose the buttons on the steering wheel so think I will be staying with the standard head-unit. Just stripping my old Ibiza of its audio equipment, and i didn't realise how many wires i put into it!

Moose

Well, after 24 hours with the new beastie I'm grinning even more... it doesn't have the vices my Leon did (tram-lining, unsettled on poor road surfaces) which is a major relief... :) and even taking it easy and running it in its great fun... :D

Replacing the head unit and keeping the steering controls shouldn't be a problem - IncarTec do an active adapter, with options for most major head unit manufacturers, for about £35 all in. I'm sure Autoleads do them too. I had one for my Laguna and it worked a treat... Its just a shame I have to get a new expensive (£30) end and keep the £5 head-unit cable... :(

T. Spark

Moose said:
Well, after 24 hours with the new beastie I'm grinning even more... it doesn't have the vices my Leon did (tram-lining, unsettled on poor road surfaces) which is a major relief... :) and even taking it easy and running it in its great fun... :D

Replacing the head unit and keeping the steering controls shouldn't be a problem - IncarTec do an active adapter, with options for most major head unit manufacturers, for about £35 all in. I'm sure Autoleads do them too. I had one for my Laguna and it worked a treat... Its just a shame I have to get a new expensive (£30) end and keep the £5 head-unit cable... :(

If you get one working you will have to let us all know!

I really want a new H.U but as said above I dont wanna lose my steering controls!!

Glad your enjoying the car!

Moose

Now there's a great excuse... "I have to swap out the head unit and buy all these extra bits dear, I'm evaluating it for some guys on the forum..." ;)

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Moose said:
even taking it easy and running it in its great fun...
Don't take it too easy. Breaking in an engine is all about metal-to-metal contact between piston rings and cylinder walls - and to get that you need to get your turbo nicely on boost. Once everything's warmed up, keep giving it the occasional firm dose of power between 2000 and 3500 rpm.

Moose

dmjw01 said:
Don't take it too easy...<snip>... keep giving it the occasional firm dose of power between 2000 and 3500 rpm.

Oh trust me, its getting that ;) I'm just making sure I don't overdo it to begin with.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.