Reverse Gear Gate

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
Hi,

I have a Leon Cupra R and having an issue getting it into reverse - it goes into reverse but the gate is extremely stiff. It goes into reverse fine but when you push the gear stick down to get it into reverse you really have to give it a good push to get it over and then a hard pull to get it back out - all other gears are engaging fine.

Also, I have no gas in my air con so can't test whether or not my cooling fans are working - I have Vagcom, does anybody know of any way of making the fans spin up without getting my aircon regassed and switching the aircon on? (Although I will get it regassed at some point).

Cheers!

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
i find that reverse is sometimes hard to engage as you say, needs a really good push. Id check your linkages first, get some WD-40 on them and give them a work, may just be a little gunged up and sticky. Mine is usually worse when cold, does yours do it all the time?

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
Seems it goes in fine if I push it down, then across and bring it towards 2nd gear slightly - seems as if it's not completely centre and is too far forward.

Any ideas how to alter the position so the stick is a little further back so it centres up with the gate?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Seems it goes in fine if I push it down, then across and bring it towards 2nd gear slightly - seems as if it's not completely centre and is too far forward.

Any ideas how to alter the position so the stick is a little further back so it centres up with the gate?

You can lock the gear lever in position with a rod (round nail) while the cables are adjusted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.