review of 1.9tdi 100bhp model?

JR750

Jul 18, 2009
Hi,

I'm struggling to find many reviews for the ibiza se version of 2003.. they all seem to be for the tdi 130 version. I'm wondering if there is much difference?

Is the 100bhp one nippy enough? can the it be taken up to 130? (Currently driving a 1.4 petrol VW Polo)

I'd like a 130 one but I've seen an SE one and am desperate for a new car.

Cheers

Dragonseat

My wife is running a 100 Tdi Sportrider at the moment. My mum ( don't take this the wrong way) is driving a 1.4 VW Polo.
The Ibiza dances all over the Polo for fun. We are looking at going the whole hog and buying a Bocanegra this year, but for a commuter that looks good, drives well and has enough pull, the 100 TDi is great.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The 130 has a 6 speed box and the 100 only has 5.

Also smaller brakes

As said the 100 can map to over 130 and the 130 can map to over 160

JR750

Jul 18, 2009
Thanks

I'm going to see it tomorrow, is there anything I should watch out for.. i.e common faults? I've only ever bought one car before and that was a petrol.

Cheers

JR750

Jul 18, 2009
thanks, I asked if the cambelt had been done.. the dealer said he thought it was on a chain? eitherway it was changed last service.

Are these chain driven?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
No they are not chain driven, your dealer needs to read up on what they are selling.

Seems to me the dealers these days no nothing about the cars but everything about the £££

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
look at the service book, to make sure it has been serviced at the correct mileage. you want prove that the cambelt has been changed.

what mileage and age of car ?

JR750

Jul 18, 2009
2003 58k Eclipse Blue

£3600 price but looking to part-ex my polo too so hopeully comes down to atleast £3000

My guess is it's probably not been done unfortunately! The reason a lot of people tarde in cars at that age/milage is so they avoid a £400+ major service and belt change - quite sensible really!

But then you can use that as another bargaining tool - if they can't prove it's been doen, get them to either do it for you, or get them to do it at a reduced rate? Parts cost only perhaps?

JR750

Jul 18, 2009
Service Manual has it ticked as changed on 54k. Put a deposit on it and he is going to take it for an MOT tomorrow. Will get my mechanic to check it all over though just to make sure.

Drives well, looks good... the front break (calipers i think)? were a bit rusted over .. is that normal? Which ones would I need to replace them and maybe paint them red?

Thanks

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise