review of the Mk4 from the Sunday Times

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Pic is of a mk5 :ban: and they said the 1.8 20VT was the most popular engine choice :blink:. I would of said the PD130 was the most popular engine choice.

Edit: too slow, Miles beat me to it..

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
i did think that (about the mk5 picutre)...

it does gives the stats for the pd130...so presume they think thats the engine of choice?

i presumed the 157 bhp refers to the pd160..the cupra tdi?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
think the 157 refered to this...?

"There are also two diesel engines: a 1.4-litre producing 80bhp and a 1.9-litre which is tuned to deliver either 98bhp or 128bhp in the FR, or 157bhp in the range-topping Cupra."

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
think they put the m5 picture up there...as the article is about how the mk4 is a great used car as prices have dropped due to the introduction of the mk5....

"Everyone loves a bargain, and now that the fourth generation of Seat’s Ibiza has gone on sale, there are plenty of great offers to be snapped up in the used car market as its predecessor’s values tumble on the forecourts."

still gives a good impression of the mk4...

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
read another article describing the mk4 as:

"the mk4 as it is known in the UK"

somewhere along the lines Europe must have missed a mark :shrug:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
hahaha, yea....everyone i know calls the mk4 the mk4...but websites like wiki etc...call it the mk3...and the mk2 and mk3 are the same car but with a f acelift...pretty big facelift!

oh well....at least we are getting some print time...

Jmii

they have a picture on the mk4 in the paper just seem to use pic of mk5 on the web page?
I was gonna post link of picture but i have to have 15 post =|

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members