Revo Boost settings - can anyone explain how it works?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey all,

Quick query really - related to Revo and adjusting the settings with an SPS3, more specifically the boost settings.

I have been running T8B7 (new SPS) for a while now, and car seems fine. Logs from when this was originally set said it was all looking good :)

However, I decided to DECREASE the Timing from 8 to 7 when I couldnt use optimax fuel. Now, my car seems to boost MORE (I'm seeing higher peaks on my boost gauge) and the car even goes into limp mode occasionally.

I understand that if you increased the settings, the car would produce more boost, or advance the timing. I can only assume that my timing was advanced too much, so the ECU was pulling back? When this happens, does it pull back MORE than say, the setting below, would actually put out?

Example: T8B7 - ECU pulls back, giving worse performance than T7B7.

Is that how it works?? Never did understand it fully. If the above is correct, should I drop the boost to 6 to keep the car running normally?

Any help appreciated guys. (Incidentally, this has nothing to do with my "smoke" thread! :) )

andycupra

status subject to change
are you sure the extra boost started when you reduced the timing?
what fuel did you use when you did not use optimax, as timing 8 or 7 is high.

i dont totally understand how the ecu pulls back, but im pretty sure its not just a matter of going from 7 to 6. i think its more harsh than that as its there to protect the engine.

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Unscientific thread - you're just stabbing in the dark Paul.

Stop being lazy and do some vag-com logs to get an accurate picture. Your car shouldn't be going into limp mode unless there's a fault.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yeh ok - I get your point peeps - was just trying to understand it in my head, thats all. :confused:

When i say limp mode - the car only produces around 10psi, rather than the usual 20psi. No errors are recorded.
It's only ever done this on T7B7 - if the timing is advanced further the car NEVER boosts as high, so I never have a problem. Anyway - I'm not going to stab in the dark anymore - promise!

I nearly always use Optimax - when I can't get it I use 97ron Super-unleaded from wherever I can get it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.