Revo Chip?

Dancuprar225

Hi guys
Just bought a 54 cupra r, i was told when i bought it that it had been revo chipped but there is no proof of this, having never driven a 225 before i'm not sure.
is there any way (other than a rolling road) of telling whether this has been done or not?
Hope someone can shed some light on this

Thanks

jamiebennett81

Hi guys
Just bought a 54 cupra r, i was told when i bought it that it had been revo chipped but there is no proof of this, having never driven a 225 before i'm not sure.
is there any way (other than a rolling road) of telling whether this has been done or not?
Hope someone can shed some light on this

Thanks

does it have a boost gauge fitted?

if its hitting around 20psi mark on the gauge, then yes its been revo'd

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
you local revo dealer might check for you?? or you could order an sps plus and look on your lap top?? or pop to a seat dealer and test drive a car??? or the above works too:lol:

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
i think its franchised... they wont have a main shared data base. you'd have to ask the old owner wo did it and then call to confirm... or buy a boost gauge...

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Or, do a 3rd gear 40-whatever speed you like timed run (counting in your head will do) and post up.

The difference between Stock and Remapped will be quite significant.

Prehaps wait until everywhere's thawed, though.

Dancuprar225

Thanks for your help guys, i'll try some of the ideas see how i get on, was hoping that there would be an easy way but never mind!My friend is sponsored by ajec racing in gloucester so will take it up there for a rolling road at some stage me thinks!!:bleh:

andycupra

status subject to change
where are you?

you may find a helpful scn member with a sps device can visit, as said above.
will take 20 seconds to answer this question.

oh and small point, it isnt actually chipped, revo is uploaded via the diagnostics port so no change of chip.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Thanks for your help guys, i'll try some of the ideas see how i get on, was hoping that there would be an easy way but never mind!My friend is sponsored by ajec racing in gloucester so will take it up there for a rolling road at some stage me thinks!!:bleh:

If you are in Gloucester give Bill a call at Badger5 (see sponsors section)

He's in Stonehouse and I'm sure he could verify it for you as he is a Revo dealer...

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
When gently pulling away and then applying the power at mid range i notice wheel spin in the first 3 gears in good traction conditions. Before my map i never really noticed wheel spin when driving like this as unless very wet.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
bill will jump in it and rag it :D

:p @ Jase

Bring it down and I can plug in my REVO software and talk to it.. and if it responds I can confirm the REVO and importantly the performance settings its actually set to

bell me on 07976 800775 and I can look at it for you
regards
bill

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.