REVO ECU Select Plus adaptor BHP gain?

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Guys.

As you may know if you have read my last post I have finally got a full-time job and saving up for my MK1 black 1.8T 225BHP Leon Cupra R. Hopefully getting it next year. :D

I want to put 18" RS4 alloys on it, black diamond front discs with good pads, ( don't know if you have any other brake suggestions on pads and discs), Forge 007 Dump Valve, ITG cone carbon filter, and mostly a ECU changable remap. Why changable? I want changable so when I come to sell the car I can put it back to standard stock BHP and performance and also when I feel like my bank balance is going a bit too much towards petrol I can change it back to stock performance.

I have been looking around and bluechip don't seem to do a changable ECU kits, so I have been looking at REVO Select Plus ECU control. The one up from Select. If anyone has tried this out or has purchased it could you tell me if it's any good and if so could you tell me what your BHP went up to when you plugged it in and installed it? Is it just a matter of buying the control and plugging it into the diagnostic socket or would I have to get REVO ECU performance software onto my ECU first before pluging in the control?

Whilst i'm on here, i'm looking at loads of mk 1 cupra R's for sale. Obviously petrol cars don't last as long as diesel engines so what would be the maximum you would suggest me to look for on the clock? The last thing I want is to spend 7k-8k on a Cupra R and find out it has to have major work and parts replaced.

Look forward to your feedback. :)

Many thanks.

Chris :D

Jun 16, 2008
u have to purchase the performance software - 400 quid

then ontop of that ull have to purchase the select plus device - i think its around 150 quid, not sure.

if your going to get the 225 leon then your looking at about 260bhp and about 280 torque.

but forget the bhp figure, cos that isnt what u feel

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
u have to purchase the performance software - 400 quid

then ontop of that ull have to purchase the select plus device - i think its around 150 quid, not sure.

if your going to get the 225 leon then your looking at about 260bhp and about 280 torque.

but forget the bhp figure, cos that isnt what u feel

Hi mate. :)

Cheers for quick reply and apologies for my late reply.

Blimey I never knew the REVO performance software was that much alone, blimey, It's going to work out to around £600 incl VAT. :cry: I saw a good ECU remap but I don't think this is reversable, it's from Custom Chip, it would take me up to 275BHP and 260 - 270 torque. The only thing, yes it's great figures and around £170 cheaper than getting REVO software along with select device but I would be hesitant to take it in for a service because I know that would get wiped when they come to service it?

The 260 - 270 of torque would deffinately put my back right into the seat. :D

What car have you got and what you done to it to date mate?

Many thanks for ur advice once again. :)

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
thats ok, so I could get a Custom Stage- 1 remap and get it up to 275BHP and when i take it in for a service and they do a diagnostic check they won't overwrite it and put it back to stock performance? Cheers for reply mate :)

swoosh225

Swoosh
Sep 17, 2007
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
thats ok, so I could get a Custom Stage- 1 remap and get it up to 275BHP and when i take it in for a service and they do a diagnostic check they won't overwrite it and put it back to stock performance? Cheers for reply mate :)

No mate there is absolutely no reason why they should wipe it.As for the diag check depends what garage i suppose some dont bother.The service lights reset on the instrument pack.:D

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
No mate there is absolutely no reason why they should wipe it.As for the diag check depends what garage i suppose some dont bother.The service lights reset on the instrument pack.:D

ok cheers matey. Can't wait till i get my Cupra R 225. What is the maximum milleage you think I should be looking for on a Cupra R? 50K below or upto 60K? If I went for one that had them kind of figures on the clock I would want the Cambelt and Water Pump changing though, for piece of mind. :) :)

The Terminator

ok cheers matey. Can't wait till i get my Cupra R 225. What is the maximum milleage you think I should be looking for on a Cupra R? 50K below or upto 60K? If I went for one that had them kind of figures on the clock I would want the Cambelt and Water Pump changing though, for piece of mind. :) :)

definately, and ensure that the water pump fitted has the metal impellor :funk:

anythiny between 50k-70k, with a budget of £5-£6.5k should see you fine.

also check the disc & pads as these are an expensive outlay aswell.

happy hunting.......:clap:

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
definately, and ensure that the water pump fitted has the metal impellor :funk:

anythiny between 50k-70k, with a budget of £5-£6.5k should see you fine.

also check the disc & pads as these are an expensive outlay aswell.

happy hunting.......:clap:

Hi Mate.

Good to hear from you again.

Yeah I am going to average my search on milleage around 50k-65k on the clock when looking around for my Cupra R. I have got to take into consideration alongside the engine, ball joints, suspension, CV joints, all the under chassis parts that would be taking or would of taken a beating through time aswell as the engine itself.

My maximum budget would be £7k-£8k at most.

I want to put 18" RS4 alloys on along with nice big black diamond discs, not sure what pads to go for though mate, something race (track temp) and road temp too so i don't have to change them if i go out on track.

Many thanks for your advice mate. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.