REVO free Trial.. What sh*t!!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Hi guys and girls just got car remapped by Impossible Performane and wicked is all i can, mike is a great help and cares greatly, again wow, just wow.. :drool: :drool:
Firstly mike was showing me through the parameters of the car after it had the revo trial and what the original seat one should be, it had some communication problems, wouldn't talk fully to the ECU, and so on, the only way i can describe it is the following?? (bear with me) :headhurt:
The parameters for the original seat ECU and what the ECU looked like after the revo trial where totally different, well apart from idle and thats about it!! [:@] [:@]
It wasn't pulling as much as it used to and it was running very rich and the bhp went to about 170bhp or so and considering mine is 180bhp standard you can see why i was a bit pissed when i done my previous post about the revo trial. :censored:
So just a quick rant to you all whos considering the free trial, wouldn't bother just get it properly from whoever that may be!
Anyway rant over now and feeling better..

Thanx for being an ear to burn!! :lol: :lol:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Stretch79 said:
i presume from that your not to sure?? well showed me on the laptop to be precise!

Just that any tuner that slags another tuner off in my eyes is wrong (whether they're right or not)

it's a poor move.

I could show you something on a laptop, doesn't mean it's real

especially if you're about to pay me £300

petay_pan

Oct 27, 2005
I had my doubts about the revo trial. from my point of view I done see how the coding can remove itself fully from the ecu, sure it can disable itself somewhat but it I'm sure it couldn't delete it self without taking something with it.

and more sinister....revo want you to buy there software after the trial ideally so why not have it change the settings after the trial to make the car feeel utterly rubbish compared to the trial?!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It doesn't remove itself, reverts to stock like behaivour.

Petay_pan, that's hardly a new guess, and one that has been proven incorrect a long while back

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
thats the thing after the revo trial it goes back to revo standard not seat and im sure a few years ago revo were treathened (sp) with court action over this yet their still doing it!!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
m0rk said:
Just that any tuner that slags another tuner off in my eyes is wrong (whether they're right or not)

it's a poor move.

I could show you something on a laptop, doesn't mean it's real

especially if you're about to pay me £300

See ya point but tbh he wasn't slating them he was just pointing out what was in the laptop but then again im no expert either!!
LOL

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
sounds like rubbish to me mate

u just done XXX amount of miles in ya car with the power hiked up, going back to standard is always a way of making urself think the car feels slow

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
true true, even after the trial i knew it wasn't the same car, dont get me wrong im not slagging anyone aint any point, just when you know your car you get a bit disappointed after just wasn't the same but im smiling all over again now.. well until i get used to it then a bigger turbo conversion is in order LOL

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Stretch79 said:
See ya point but tbh he wasn't slating them he was just pointing out what was in the laptop but then again im no expert either!!
LOL

So you have 2 non experts making judgements on stuff they don't know about :shrug:

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
how can he show you original seat files from ecu and then Revo files. Vag-com or other diagnostic equipment doesnt show you that. Do you know how to read the tables of information, what they mean and what they relate to?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
vag com doesnt no, but he had a program not to sure what it was but imagine your looking at wave lenghts for hertz its that kind of reading two lines also going horizontal one in green and one in black showing what revo was and standard seat so thats all i know!

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
I had the trail & TBH it put me off.
Any fault present in the car will be amplified 10 fold, add to that the very aggressive map that doesn't suit all.
but...

set up right the Revo software seems to be very reliable & if you get the SPS then it might just suit you if you can be bothered to do lots of logging & understand how to use it.

here's the rub, do a search, Revo is good, maybe not the best, but maybe it is.
do a search on your preferred tuner & work out the percentages of happy customers V's Revo's.

who wins?

your tittle says it all, its a case of the emperors new clothes, we all go through it, but trying to judge a product through a bias post does little to convince others.

but i am truly happy that you ended with a product that suits your needs better.

I hope that makes sense.

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
i have the absolute remap as well and it has improved the car and power as well have the most power trophie from BBT and that was against revo'd cupra R's as well

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
My LCR feels better than Seat standard running APR standard after trial! Just wish I could beg, borrow or etc the cash for real code! It would hardly be in a tuners interest to leave you with a car that felt worse after the trial, you would wonder about there integrity or ability so I for one very much doubt if any of the well know code writers would leave you or your car like that, it just wouldnt be a sound business move cos we all know how chinese wispers work! And tuning cars is about trust not just software and bolt on bits!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise