REVO free Trial.. What sh*t!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
the common "feels slower after trial" is adaption related.
hot weather will exaggerate this on stock components like SMIC etc

done to death so worth searching on here for explanations etc

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Stretch79 said:
thats the thing after the revo trial it goes back to revo standard not seat and im sure a few years ago revo were treathened (sp) with court action over this yet their still doing it!!

I wouldn't read too much into that. Anyone can be threatened with court action - doesn't mean they did anything untill a judge finds them liable...

yellowperil

May 17, 2005
The ECU is still the same size. Revo need to use a different file to standard to make room for the trial software also.

As for lower power after the trial i cant see this being correct Revo have a good name in the industry and wouldnt risk it.

I do know of some tuners having problems uploading remaps on ECU's that contain the remains of revo trial software though.

Jonah

Ditching Rice since 2007
Sep 16, 2002
Nor-fampton
Visit site
I have heard some "tuners" say bad things about REVO but upon watching them try to map the cars - and some have had revo trials - it was quite clear that they were just trying to upload a generic software program without actually fully understanding what they were doing. They were usually making ****-ups and shifting the blame to avoid looking like dicks...

REVO is a great program which allows different levels of tuning depedant on the modification of the car and even then it allows the user to play with the settings if they wanted to via SPS3.

Having reviewed at least 3 of the major players and seen the mess they have made of my car I could and would only recommend REVO.

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Jonah said:
I have heard some "tuners" say bad things about REVO but upon watching them try to map the cars - and some have had revo trials - it was quite clear that they were just trying to upload a generic software program without actually fully understanding what they were doing. They were usually making ****-ups and shifting the blame to avoid looking like dicks...

REVO is a great program which allows different levels of tuning depedant on the modification of the car and even then it allows the user to play with the settings if they wanted to via SPS3.

Having reviewed at least 3 of the major players and seen the mess they have made of my car I could and would only recommend REVO.

I tend 2 agree. I've had another remap before on the car but REVO definately wins hands down.

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
I've explained this on numerous forums, numerous times.

Trial software reverts to stock running tables, if another tuner goes into the ECU they do not see what they expect... if they tried to run what they saw it wouldn't work. We hide our trial to try and stop people dumping it and using it, however that doesnt work all the time either.

The reason your car may run slower after having a trial on there is down to adaptation values... if the ECU has to pull back for any reason (high intake temps, high CFs, high EGTs) then the adaptation values will remain at the low levels even after the trial has reverted to stock. Simple fix - adaptation/ECU reset (can be done via a throttle body alignment).

I've never seen an instance where this hasn't been the case.

Do you honestly think we'd develope software that decreased the output of your car to 'make' you come back and get full software?! Would we be trading today if that was the case, I don't think so. In fact if that were the case I would not be working for such a company.

Any of our dealers can flash a complete stock binary to your ECU, I would be willing to do this for you FOC regardless of whether you bought our software or someone elses. Any decent tuner 'should' have copies of factory stock software in their library of binaries.

Our software isn't write protected, some other companies software alter what they see in the ECU rather than work with complete stock binary files as found in cars direct from the VAG factories. Regardless of that it takes hardly any time or effort to flash an ECU with a stock binary, all 'tuners' will have these as a back up.

Hope this clears it up.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
not to sure mike as its not a rolling road remap he takes it out on the main road so to speak, but he said im looking at about 220-230 bhp and 280-290 nm torque will have to get another rr day organised!! [B)]

Badger i think again, its his own from what he was saying as he done some course in sweden or somewhere where he learns how to write codes and stuff, can find out if you like? :confused:

Revokev thanx for the info its cleared it up somewhat just so many people with so many opinions on this and that i just went by what i saw and felt with the car so soz if i interuppted (sp) it wrongly!! ;)

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
Any other mods on the car?

Because any remap that can give 230 out of the tin on a stock ko3s is worth looking into.

I'm no expert at all, but i really don't think that std cat, dp and air intake are capable of working with that much power :think:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.